xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Andrew1405241517

Globat Web Hosting My Experience With This Company

This is a review of a paid webhost. I used their service for over 5 months.

Globat (or Glob@t) is a host that I used when I developed my second site. I used their $9.95 package which currently provides 4.1TB of annual bandwidth, 15,000MB storage, and 350GB monthly transfer. When I signed on with them that wasn't the deal they offered, but I'm not posting this because there's a problem with the quality of their service. My site stayed up most of the time, 3 times that I can account for my site was down for a few hours because of server problems their customer service told me.

What I want to warn other's of is a problem I had when I no longer wanted to use their service. I paid month-to-month, and a few months ago I called their support line to cancel my account.. Three months later I am still getting charged on my VISA for hosting. My website was not accessible during that time. I called them to confirm my account was canceled and that I would not recieve any further charges and the man assured me he would cancel my account. Then I seen my card statement the following month and once again I had been charged.

If you choose to use their services, I recommend you don't pay month-to-month (if they still offer it), because you may get screwed out of some $$$ when you want to close your account. I had to call VISA in order to block charges from them because Globat's customer service was gyping me. I recommend you look elsewhere for a host to avoid hassle.

I rate this company 2/10 (I give it a 2 because I didn't have problems with my website often, just the quality of customer service.)

I know what you're talking about - I've undergone similar problems with other web-hosts earlier on and when I cancelled my account, I lost access to the control panel. Fine - but they still kept on charging me, even though I had no access to the CP. Neither was my site up. What followed was a long series of begging, pleading and then finally threats of fraudulent activity reports - ya, the final one caught their attention and they immediately mailed me back saying it's been cancelled. Prior to that the only thing that'd respond to my email was their autoresponder. Damn this - I can't even remember the name of their service, or else I'd have dealt a good blow to them right now.

OMG... the first things that you posted (package details and price) just shot up a RED FLAG! This sounds like one of those "too good to be true" offers...Next, it it sounds A LOT like AOL... *rolls eyes*. Are you sure there wasn't an AOL logo anywhere on the site? j/k but it sounds TOO MUCH like an AOL thing to be honest!Now, to get back on topic, I am quite shocked that a web host would do this since customer service is is like 90% of the business![N]F