xisto Community
ram130

Do You Know Of Any Good Free WAP Enabled Forum Wap forum wheres a good free one

Yes, of course it's possible! It may take some tinkering around and stuff, but it's definately possible. You're going to have to send "Content-Type" headers using PHP, or edit the .htaccess file to specify the MIME type of WAP pages. Overall, it's quite possible, and even pretty easy to do. If you're having problems with it just contact us.

Yes, of course it's possible! It may take some tinkering around and stuff, but it's definately possible. You're going to have to send "Content-Type" headers using PHP, or edit the .htaccess file to specify the MIME type of WAP pages. Overall, it's quite possible, and even pretty easy to do. If you're having problems with it just contact us.

Ok, umm maybe i might need some help on how to go about doing that. Think you can? Im kinda confused l :unsure:

Of course! Your files are currently static, right? Getting them to be served from Xisto is really a breeze. Just open up the folder where all your WML files are going to be, and create a file called ".htaccess" over there). If your FTP client doesn't support strange filenames (dots at the beginning and stuff... :unsure:) you can create the file using your CPanel's file management control. Now just add the following line to the file:

AddType text/vnd.wap.wml .wml
This tells Apache (the web server) to serve the .wml files in the folder with a special header that lets your clients (more specifically, their cell phones) know that they're being given WML files. I'm guessing you'll also want to add the following lines:
AddType image/vnd.wap.wbmp .wbmpAddType text/vnd.wap.wmlscript .wmls
These will add support for WBMPs (wireless bitmaps) and WMLSs (WML scripting language). I do think that you need to do no further, but if it still doesn't run after doing all this write here agin.

Of course! Your files are currently static, right? Getting them to be served from Xisto is really a breeze. Just open up the folder where all your WML files are going to be, and create a file called ".htaccess" over there). If your FTP client doesn't support strange filenames (dots at the beginning and stuff... :)) you can create the file using your CPanel's file management control. Now just add the following line to the file:

AddType text/vnd.wap.wml .wml
This tells Apache (the web server) to serve the .wml files in the folder with a special header that lets your clients (more specifically, their cell phones) know that they're being given WML files. I'm guessing you'll also want to add the following lines:
AddType image/vnd.wap.wbmp .wbmpAddType text/vnd.wap.wmlscript .wmls
These will add support for WBMPs (wireless bitmaps) and WMLSs (WML scripting language). I do think that you need to do no further, but if it still doesn't run after doing all this write here agin.

lol sorry for taken so long to get back to you...Well been busy with exams and doin stuff lately and Im in NY right now. Im gonna give it a try when i reach back to Ja..

Thanks Alot zeen :)