xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Darren1405241470

Motherboard/Graphix Card Compatability Help

I just bought a gigabyte K8N pro SLI mother board for a friend at a computer swap meet. At the meet (rather than take the 2 seconds to look myself :) ) i asked the man i was buying it from whether the board took PCIE or AGP graphix cards, he told me they took AGP, of course i then went and bought an AGP card (Winfast A6600GT 128m). Is there no way that i can use my AGP card (short of buying a new motherboard)?Thanks in advance for any help.

Damn, ah well thanx anyway. I'm happy with the motherboard so ill sell the AGP card and buy a PCIe one. ill have about $250 does any ideas on what i should get?

mainsboard and graphix card compatability.Motherboard/Graphix Card Compatability Help

I have decided to go with K9N2 diamond. ADM Phenom 2 quad 4 processor. It has been a long time since I last built a pc around 15 years. I am considering sli application with two dedicated cards disabling the on board graphics. Other than ensuring I am using PCIE graphix cards, is their any other considerations I need to be aware of before selecting a compatible card.

Two main points that come to mind after discussions with others are:

1) does the graphics card need to be of the same chip set as that on my main board ? (note I do not intend to use hybrid sli I plan to buy two new graphics cards and considering nvidia 200 series)

2) Should I put my money into one card aim to buy a second in the distant future or buy 2 cards from the out set.

any other advice would be welcome, thanks;

Cory.

-question by cory

graphics card compatibillityMotherboard/Graphix Card Compatability Help

I have a new win 7 64 bit, has an on board video ATI Radeon 5200.  I am not a gamer, but I miss my dual monitor capacity.  Have been told there is not a graphics card I can use in a PCI slot or the express slot that will still let me have one monitor on the on-board video card.  Am being told if I use the express slot it will disable my on board...I guess I could just get an express dual card, but I would like to just install a 2nd pci card...Any ideas?   I guess I just need to know if a pci card that is not pci express will disble the on board video...

-reply by AndieKeywords: win 7 64 bit compatible graphic cards with on board video