xisto Community
miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG

All New Gmail Chats Feature

Ah, but that's the nice part, Jeigh—none of your friends have to switch over to Gtalk from AIM, MSN, or whatever it is they're using. As long as they have a Gmail address, they'll be able to use the in-browser Gmail Chat as soon as it rolls out. It's a good strategy for Google, really. Like they said, it's there, it works and it's free, so why not use it? Having the IM client available in-browser through your Gmail account makes everything more convenient, and that's likely to be the deciding factor for those who'll decide to migrate over to the Google Talk network. =^^=

i love that option yeah, and i dunno about you guys, but if you have ever used their voice over IP chat , it's great and much clearer voice than msn from my own experience...i also wanted to add that i like the feature about gmail were it adds the email address you send to automatically to your address book, instead of asking and all...i think this is a cool feature

I actually love this new feature, it gives me a way to talk with my boss for free though the computer instead of the phone. this is the best thing google has made since gmail itself.I use it to talk to friends family and even my boss and co workers, however if they did not come out with this I would still be useing MSN and that was ok too.Google talk has alot of problems though and I dont like that, it defenatly needs some work, but I love it.~Dark Carnie~

I agree with the above post. I use it as a form of free, fast communication method with my boss. Archivable information in a chat program that isn't installed on your pc. Gmail is good, and this is just another thing that will make it better.Google's innovation team must be pretty good. Not to mention their programmers. We also use the google spreadsheet software that they offer as well. Good stuff. You can't beat the price on it. Considering everything's still in beta you can't expect much I guess, but there are a few bugs here and there. I noticed that they've already fixed a few of them however.I like it, and I'll probably use it. While I'm working I tend to stay logged into my gmail now since I don'thave google talk. I already have xfire, msn..and did have AIM and yahoo. I should just get one of those universal IMing clients.

I must say, I first thought this was lame. Because it would never replace MSN for me.

It has proven to be very useful. Adding contacts to MSN is considered, close. You only do it for those you wish to chat a lot with, or from time to time. Not just for a quick message. I exchanged several mails now with people in the past and they got added to gchat immediately.

It was certainly helpful to say a few msgs right away without having to add etc. And subtle too. Posted Image. Definitely useful as more start using the service.