xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
danzarely

Do I Need A New Video Card?

You have to tell us what video card you have already you most likley just have to update you drivers then it sould be fine but it also could be that you video card is not powerful enough to play B&W2 if you gave us the brand name and model number it would be easier for us to help if you know what it is and you know how to get drivers you can just update and do it your self here are the 2 main card manufactureing companys http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ also can be intragrated into your mother board so check your host mb website too

Its Probably reffering to updating your driver for your video card..Goto the card manufacturers site and look for the latest driver for it..install it reboot change the settings of the desktop etc from their default vales ..then load the game and cross your fingers :D

get CPUZ press print screen go into paint and press ctrl+v then save the screenshot go over to imageshack and show us the screenshots. then we may be able to better determine what is the matter. from what it says though i would figure that your video card is either intergrated ( not a card at all ) or too old which means it would be time to get another one for around $150 if you want a decent one a good one is around $300-400. hope this helps.

These are the minimum system requirements to run Black and White 2:

* Processor: 1.6 GHz Pentium 4 or above

* Memory: 512 MB RAM

* Hard Drive: 3.5 GB

* DVD: 8 Speed

* Video Card: 64 MB with 1.1 Pixel Shader

* DirectX: Version 9.0c (included)

* Sound Card: Directx 9.0c compatible

* Input: Mouse, Keyboard

As you can see, the game isn't very exigent.

In order to help you, we need at least some info about your motherboard or graphics card.

Edited by Ozwaldo (see edit history)

The only time you should need to get a new video card is if it does not have Pixel Shader. I had this problem when I originally got the game and couldn't play it for quite a while. When I finally did it worked perfectly fine. So ya, basically if you don't have pixel shader you have to get a new video card. If that doesn't work try to update your drivers and let us know if it works =D

As everyone here has said "It will be a little helpful to know about your card and configurations", so as I. And probably it might be due to an older video-card or it can be also due to the older-driver version of your current Graphic-card. The former problem can be solved by purchasing a new video-card and the latter can be easily solved without any costs involved by downloading the newer version of the driver from the driver's manufacturer's site. I'll also suggest that if you have low video memory and ample RAM try increasing the video-memory in the BIOS menu.Good Luck. :P

Edited by vidit (see edit history)

Well it depends on the brand of card you are using for a driver update. Driver updates are VERY simple. Navigate to the ATI or NVIDIA site, depending on which card you have. Find the download driver link for nvidia forceware or ati catalyst drivers.Simply follow the instructions to download the file, then install it.If you are still getting issues it's the card itself that needs updating.Go out and buy a mid range card, best value for money i find. But before you do, you need to make sure your motherboard can run it. You need to know wheather your motherboard supports AGP or PCI-E for the video card connections. If it is on AGP, you seriously need to consider a full system upgrade. Every mid and high end card comes in PCI-E now. You will have little luck with AGP.Installing it is a simple as finding the slot on your motherboard, slotting the card in and screwing it to the case. When you boot up, navigate to the manufactures site and download the latest drivers for the new model.Hope it helps-HellFire