xisto Community
marretas

Consumer Takes Apple To Court Ipod

This is hilarious. These people are handicapped and it's their fault that the modern society dumbed down to a crowd of losers who don't even realise that blasting their brains out with an iPod causes trouble to your ears. If this goes on maybe in the future we'll need to have "NON-COMESTIBLE" tags on Coke cans and pencils.

lmao its like people who smoke and ask for a lite, thier should be a warning on the box "Warning: May require flame to ignite" society is just stupid these days, this reminds of "Talking to Americans" its a very funny TV show lol...

Americans are just plain dumb in these kind of cases, all they are trying to do is making money out of everything they can think of. Even if it means they are making complete fools out of themselves.
Any normal human would adjust the volume of their mp3-players to a normal volume.

It reminds me of some (american?) people sueing mcdonalds because they burned their bloody mouth on a apple pie that was too hot.

ps. I'm not trying to bash americans here, it's just that they come up with so many silly things these days. (War on iraq, george bush, software patents, sueing for silly things). B)

I agree with you fully. I live here in the US and i see on the news about people making a big deal from small things.

I can see the point in why he is sueing Apple (even though it is absolutly crazy). On the other side of the scale Apple shouldn't be producting mp3 players that can seriously damage users hearing. It is only 20 or so seconds that it has to be on for it the be dabgerous, which some may say is ok, but in my opinion is way to much.Apple shouldn't make products that can seriously damage listeners hearing and people shouldn't just sue companes for every which thing that they can find. Its a two sided battle!

But suing over a luxury that you went out and bought for your own personal enjoyment? You just know that people like these will look for any reason to sue. I'm an American, and I know from personal experience, that I have joked around with my friends about suing for various *stupid* reasons. Like, 'I cut my finger opening a CD with a knife, they should have a warning about not using one to open it'. Just really stupid things. Americans are just so *sue happy* because we see it everyday. And not only do we see it everyday, we see stupid cases winning. It's like the new American Dream. Win a huge amount of case by suing some huge company because they don't have a warning label. Get rich quick. Most Americans are just plain lazy, or really would prefer to be that way.

I think the story posted by the OP illustrates the difference between Americans and the Brits when it comes to suing for defective products or indeed any kind of personal liability. British courts will not listen readily to such cases they tend to throw them out on the grounds that it is a spurious case ( a case brought by someone for quick financial gain on a very weak grounds for complaint) -- if such cases are progressed the judge tends to find in favor of the plaintiff and awards a token amount of damages, which means the plaintiff wins but maybe only nets $10.So far as hearing damage is concerned I think there is a very real threat to kids hearing. They don't realize that non-stop listening on earphones is going to, over time, affect their hearing

Edited by kerouac (see edit history)

Wow this is amazing. Just keep it turned down. My god how dumb can people be. Just like the cases like the women that WON when she sued Mc. Donalds for the coffee being too hot and not having a warning label. I have an ipod, i play the drums, i play in a band, and i'm no def and still have perfect hearing. This argument should not even be an argument. I think apple should try to get her in a mental hospital because i guess she can turn the volume down when it becomes too loud.

This kind of thing is always good to know. But i'm wondering who won the sue? some companies don't give the rigth informations about its programmes/products. They pretend do not know that it can cause severs demages to people's health. and at the end... as always, we pay for the worns-out.