xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Joshthegreat

My Ps2 Wont Turn On! HELP HELP HELP HELP

Please help me, my ps2 has decided that it no longer wants to turn on and continue it's faithful life. Is there anyway I can prevent this gastly deed from happening? Please help me.

If had it about 2 and a half years. They are designed to brake after 2 years but I never thought it would actually happen. It's really annoying. It's not the plug fuse. Well, maybe I'll get the slimline PSTwo.

Well just be careful before buying the new one. O've had mine for about 3 years and the performance is just lagging I would Try Three diffrent things. The First, Make sure the power switch is on on the back, I know it sounds like a newb question, because everyone knows the switch but still. Seconds I would get a new cord. If you have a stero, most likely it has the end you need to plug it into the ps2. And last, but not least try out the system in a diffrent enviroment, it just might be something with your ps2 setup that is bad. So try before you buy because, chances are it's fixable.

Please help me, my ps2 has decided that it no longer wants to turn on and continue it's faithful life. Is there anyway I can prevent this gastly deed from happening? Please help me.

Can you tell us a little more, besides that it won't live it's faithful life? Like does one thing not work, or everything not work, or what? Check your power cord is not cut or bent badly anywhere, then if it doesn't work send it to sSony and ask if they can fix it, there not much else we can do sorry.

62240[/snapback]

and i will try to tell me what exactly is wrong with it and i will try to help

what ever you do dont buy an xbox

I would never buy an Xbox don't worry.Oh, and I've fixed the Ps2. Turns out there is something wrong with the plug and I've changed plug socket and the console works fine.

Sometimes the ribbons inside the ps2 become loose and detach from where they should be. If the red power light does not come on when you turn the power on your ribbon could be disconnected. You'll have to take the whole thing apart and find the slot where the ribbon has to go....This is just some tips from me cause last month I had to do the exact same thing among others to fix the thing (its still messed up :) )

I would never buy an Xbox don't worry.

Oh, and I've fixed the Ps2. Turns out there is something wrong with the plug and I've changed plug socket and the console works fine.

63396[/snapback]

Glad to hear you have fixed your PS2. That 'fact' about PS2 only being built to last for 2 years is not true at all from my personal experience. I have had my PS2 for nearly 4 years, and it is still working fine. Granted, it occasionally freezes, but nothing more serious then that. My mates also own PS2's, for about the same amount of time as me, and none of them have had to replace their PS2 yet (to my knowledge anyway).

Glad to hear you have fixed your PS2. That 'fact' about PS2 only being built to last for 2 years is not true at all from my personal experience. I have had my PS2 for nearly 4 years, and it is still working fine. Granted, it occasionally freezes, but nothing more serious then that. My mates also own PS2's, for about the same amount of time as me, and none of them have had to replace their PS2 yet (to my knowledge anyway).

64050[/snapback]

I think it's the DVD player. It will not last very long at all, unless you clean your lense everynow and again. That's what I have to end up doing. My ps2 wont play Gran Tourismo 4. I had to clean the l;ense to get that to work.

Well just be careful before buying the new one. O've had mine for about 3 years and the performance is just lagging I would Try Three diffrent things. The First, Make sure the power switch is on on the back, I know it sounds like a newb question, because everyone knows the switch but still. Seconds I would get a new cord. If you have a stero, most likely it has the end you need to plug it into the ps2. And last, but not least try out the system in a diffrent enviroment, it just might be something with your ps2 setup that is bad. So try before you buy because, chances are it's fixable :)

Sometimes the ribbons inside the ps2 become loose and detach from where they should be. If the red power light does not come on when you turn the power on your ribbon could be disconnected. You'll have to take the whole thing apart and find the slot where the ribbon has to go....This is just some tips from me cause last month I had to do the exact same thing among others to fix the thing (its still messed up :angry: )

Well first it was the disc error thing but i fixxed that but right after i fixed that my ps2 wont turn on!! I figured out it was that blue/white ribbon u were talking about that was disconnected. The problem is i dont know where to put it!! :angry::angry:

Sometimes the ribbons inside the ps2 become loose and detach from where they should be. If the red power light does not come on when you turn the power on your ribbon could be disconnected. You'll have to take the whole thing apart and find the slot where the ribbon has to go....This is just some tips from me cause last month I had to do the exact same thing among others to fix the thing (its still messed up :) )

i has the EXACT samething happen but now i cant put the ribbon back IN!!! :(:( any other way to put it back in???