xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
NilsC

How To Activate Your New Hosting Account Step by step instructions.

So you received the email with confirmation that you are now hosted. What is the next step to take so this can be activated and give you the website of your dreams.

Follow me down this road and I'll try to take you down the process step by step and show you how to create a new hosting account.Step 1:

This is when you click the link in the email (or copy paste it into your browser)

This is what you should see: (click thumbnail to view larger image, will open in new window)

The option you are going to use is #1 "Create a Hosting Account"

IMAGE - LINKS - NO - LONGER - VALID

Step 2:

In step 2 there are several fields you need to fill in correctly.

This is where you type your Forum Username.This where you type your Forum Password.

Your desired subdomain name goes here or domain name if you own one. I'm using testuser for this examle and you need to change that to your own (sub) domain name. So I type: testuser and I'm creating a subdomain called testuser. In field #3 I type "testuser.trap17.com" (without the " " semicolons)

When you exit the field you will get a confirmation, click "OK"

Fill in username and password in the next section. This can be the same as your username for the forums (Can NOT contain any special characters and have to be 8 or less characters long).Now you create your password for cPanel. You can use same as for the forums but I recommend a different one in case that way it's not as easy for others to guess it.Check every fied and confirm that the data is correct. When satisfied that it's all correct and to your liking click the "Submit" button.

Step 3: The next confirmation is the server checking to see if this is a "subdomain" or a "domain" name. click "OK" to continue

This is the last chance to cancel the creation and start all over.

This is where most users fail, if you are not patient and you hit refresh or the "Back" button, you may have to start all over again

Account Upgrade procedure is simpler. All you need to do is click on the Upgrading link and follow the direction. You must have approval from Admins FIRST.

This tutorial is very useful and I think you should make it sticky. I didn't how to create my account too. I have requested for the first plan with 10 hosting credits and one of your admins told me that my application was accepted. I've started to PM that admin, because I wasn't receiving any e-mail message nor private message with the hosting details. After reading some posts more carefully, I realised what I had to do.You have to make it sticky. It's very good for begginers, newbies and new members of this forum. Thanks for this great tutorial.Have a good day and enjoy this forum! :)