xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Pina

You Want Your Windows Like A Mac? The answer is here

For those use Windows but love the apearence of Mac I found a solution.

Chris Kite have made a transformation pack called flyakite. Is actually in version 3.0 and looks really nice.

FlyakiteOSX is a transformation pack. It will transform the look of an ordinary Windows XP+ system to resemble the look of Mac OS X. The installer simply automates the process of replacing critical system files, setting registry tweaks, and installing extras such as cursors, sounds, visual styles, etc.
In case you are not happy with the results of FlyakiteOSX, everything is completely removable. Just run the uninstaller from the Start Menu or from Add/Remove Programs.

FlyakiteOSX does not contain any spyware or ad-ware of any kind. All files needed for FlyakiteOSX are stored in the Windows directory in a folder named 'FlyakiteOSX' that is hidden by default. All registry values for FlyakiteOSX are written to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\FlyakiteOSX.

The link is http://osx.portraitofakite.com/
The file have 29.3MB

Give it a look and try if you like...

That works for people who want the look of a Mac interface without being able to afford an actual Mac computer. Not for me, though - I really like WinXP's interface and overall look. Especially once I got rid of the stupid default blue all over the place *grins* Green's infinitely better.

You know ... this mod is really cool. I mean, i had to reboot into windows to move some data around in the ntfs partitions and I thought I'd give this a try. The last time I tried to make my system look like a Mac took me 3 hours. But this was the easiest thing in the world. Click to install and reboot .... it changes everything from the bootscreen to the icons and sounds. I think I'll keep this theme for a while. But, since I'm on gentoo most of the time, it doesn't really matter :).PS: It doesn't work on 64bit systems. Just in case for people like me who first install the program and then read the 'Readme-first.txt' :P.