xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Alexandre Cisneiros

NoSQL - SQL Work-Alike On CSV Format Your DB is full? Check this

Many people have the SQL database full, so here is a script called "NoSQL". The NoSQL simulate a SQL database, but save the files in .CVS format.

Example:

If in SQL, you want to do this:

SELECT * FROM $table WHERE $var = $value
You just have to do this:

nosql_SelectAllFromWhere($table,$var,"=",$value);

The file is atached. It have all the istructions, with all the commands in the file "index.html". To use NoSQL, just include("nosql.php"); and use it FREE!!

Bye everybody!

cool!!! thanks for that.. that's a really useful tool in those situations cause there is nothing more annoying than that... cause i once got that ages ago and didn't know what i could do about it so i just let the site go down.... :o.

Quite neat... Now only if it could override the database functions in PHP so that you could use existing scripts with this.Anyways this is a nice thing to have if you're going to do a script that supports both text files and databases. Helps a lot if you can use the same queries, just changing the functions. Otherwise... If I'm doing a system that uses text files as database I'd rather bother writing the parsers for XML. Depends on the application of course, but having files as XML has several benefits and the possibility to view them without extra software isn't the least of them.