xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Houdini

I Have Two Double Posts Not on purpose

I replied to a post and when I clicked the submit button I had a blank page that stayed there for quite some time so I clicked the refresh button and when my reply came up, it was a repeat of the first post. This has happened once before and I really don't need any credit for anything like that anyway because I post freauently anyway so it just looks bad to have the same post twice. I hope someone that can remove the redundant post would do so if encountered.Would it be possible to allow members to delete their own redundant posts? Or would it be way too much trouble on account of how the credit system works?

It wouldn't bother the the credits script by allowing members to delete their own post except in a few situations. The biggest problem is members deleting posts that effect the flow of the thread. Say for example, userX gets upset about something and goes and deletes all of his posts. This would leave large holes in many threads as a result.Anyway, I cleaned up the mess. No big deal, the credit scrpt automatically should have adjusted your credits to the correct amount.Thanks for letting us know. :Dvujsa

As far as I know, IPB has a useful option concerning this. You can allow a user to delete his or her own post, but only for a limited amount of time. For example, if you put 15 minutes, user will be able te delete a double post, or a one that he doesn't like. and he wouldn't effect the flow of the thread. Think about it, I'm sure it would be easy for you to configure it to work with the credits script.