xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
juventino79

PHP Help Looking for Help in php

Hello AllI am looking for help in PHP programmingI am starting a virtual airline. A virtual airline is a place where people who fly using flight simulators come together and simulated flying for a real airline. I need help as in what sites give free tutorials or what good books are out there where i can learn. Keep in mind i will also be using mysql. With many databases it should be fairly complexe. I will be calculating hours that pilots have flown, giving rankings according to the hours, then also simulating the airlines finances. As in every flight the airline makes a set amount of cash and then when i buy new aircraft i spend money kind of like a virtual bank account. Sounds complicated. Can this be done? How long would it take for someone working on this alone? Any experts here that have an idea?thanksGianni

Actually you would only need one database, but it would have ever how many tables required for your particular needs. For example you would create a database name 'airline' (or whatever you wanted to call it). Within this database you would have a table for lets say 'pilots', in your pilots table you would have an automatically incrementing field say 'id' that starts with 0 or 1 if you want to set it up that way and use it as a PRIMARY KEY, which as pilots are added to the table would get the next number which would be 'unique'.

Now you would have other fields in this table like a 'piolet_id' and or 'piolet_name' and another field for 'hours_flown', 'piolet_rank', aircraft_type' and so on. You could then have another table for the flights so just name a table 'flights' and have fields like 'flight_number' and 'destination' and 'fare' and any other fields you would associate with a flight that makes sense in that table.

You really do not need to know much about PHP right now as much as you need to learn how to organize and set up a workable database. These can only be defined by you. You could take a simple idea like what a database would look for a basic home inventory (for insurance purposes). You would have a table called 'home_inventory' with fileds like item_description, date_aquired, cost, serial_number, appraised_value, photos_of_item and so on.

So juventino79 now when you have a good idea as to how you want tables and what information you want in them then you could post with what you have come up with to help you create the database and its table structure and some queries to play around with it to get used to using it.