xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
juventino79

Radeon 9800 Pro 256 MB TV OUT Problem

:D Hey guys i bought a 9800 Pro but i have a big problem with it. Whenever i output to my TV the color is terrible on it. Nothing is wrong with my TV im sure about it. I have tried adjusting the color settings on my control center from my pc but the reds are way to red and when the image is still i find it jitters on my screen. I have tried several video drivers and none work can anyone out there please help i am desperate i wanna watch movies on my tv.thanksGianni

You may want to try a diffrent set of drivers or maybe even updating you current ones.

If you would like better performance out of your card, you may want to take a look at the link below for a tweaked set of drivers

Omega Tweaked drivers:
Link

Have you used the tv before with a pc? or have you used that cable before and it worked properly? While the tv works fine, the jack on the back could have an issue, or the cable could be screwed. Neither are likely causes as I would also assume a driver issue, but you never know.

Have you used the tv before with a pc? or have you used that cable before and it worked properly? While the tv works fine, the jack on the back could have an issue, or the cable could be screwed. Neither are likely causes as I would also assume a driver issue, but you never know.

1064335914[/snapback]

I will have to admit i have not checked those in a while. although before buying this video card i have an old GeForce FX5200 i was using the same cables and it worked better. ATI's drivers are horrible. I thought they got better! Serves me right for switching i should have bought another nvidia based card :D

1064335914[/snapback]

I have done what both of you have suggested and there was no difference with different cables. I used a new set which were never used and still the same problem. I also tried the omega drivers. they made a small difference the output to the tv looked better still a little jumpy but better although the red was oversaturated and didnt meke the image look good. i think ill just forget about it either i will go back to nvidia or just buy a dvd player and plug that to my pc.

That's really odd, I know I've used a 9600 pro with a tv and it looked fine. The resolution ws *BLEEP* since it was an old tv so it couldn't go above 640x480 but was decent other then that.You should check the ati forums for similar problems (I assume they have forums)

Isn't it a problem with the refresh frequency? TV's have a lower refresh frequency than computermonitors so maybe you have to play with a few settings of that?Anyway, I don't have such problems even on a 9200 card. Changes are that it's just some setting you didn't use or so.