xisto Community
juventino79

Windows Vista Question

Seems like you people are already fed up with the bugs of Windows XP! Awaiting so eagerly for Windows Vista is amusing me! Honestly, you should try out MacOS X before you even wait for Windows Vista. Gear up your existing PC to use Vista and you'll be spending a fortune already! Trust me - Vista is high-tech all right but it needs that high-tech hardware too!

Running the very basic things in Vista requires you to have at least 1GB RAM (Unless you want to wait forever for things to show up) and a 512MB 3D Graphics Accelerator Card with DirectX 9 Support. First, you don't get these things, and if you do, then they're too expensive for you!

You don't have to try the BETA if you're installing SPs all over the stable version in the first place!!! No criticism, just my opinion...

I dunno, I've tried MacOS, Linux, Windows, and a whole bunch of others. I dislike all of them, and so am currently working on my own (I don't think it will ever be nearly as good as the others, but at least it is somewhat productive). Out of all of them, I still prefer windows. And actually, Vista can run in essentially a windows XP environment with 512MB RAM. It's the Aero interface that is hardware intensive. And almost any new computer can handle that.~Viz

If you want to download windows Vista here is the link http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ https://e tell you the truth about Vista because i am on VistaAfter running Vista since Beta 2 was released i must say at this moment in time it is not fit for purpose i find it slow to load and will hang if you type to quickly and icons in contol panel differ a lot from XP so i find it difficult to navigate and with a Athlon 3.7 dual core and 1.5MB ram my computer is not slow,XP can leave Vista standing still, AND AOL WON'T WORK not that they care...u must have atleast 1 GB of RAM in order to Run Vista. theme is Good over all interface is Excellent.

I'm trying to install windows vista beta 2 32 bit from the HDD as a clean install on a new, windows formatted partition, and it will go well and restart for the first time, but when the setup loads it will only show the grey scrolling stripe after a while it will give me a page file in nonpage area blue screen. Running an emachines computer with 1 gig of ram, 2 ghz amd processor 32 bit, 120 gig IDE hard drive, Nvidia geforce 4 mex integrated card with geforce 2 chipsets. All RAM tests come back as having no bad ram. I've also tried installing from the DVD and from an .iso using Daemon Tools with the same problem Here's the error I getComputer has detected an error, windows has been shut down to prevent further damage. due to a page fault in nonpage area Check software and hardware to see if installed correctly, blah blah blah. Then at the bottom: STOP 0x00000050 0x00000001 0x86310000 0x00000000 Any insight?one more thing is Vista is not compatable with Nero.. I deleted Nero finally got to probaly a log in screen but the entire screen was black except for the bottom rite corner with Windows Vista and the build number. I'm stuck here, lol. I just found a Nivida driver maybe thats my problem good luck i have got four PCs i have successfully installed Vista on 3 system only one system left. on this PC i am getting this error "Computer has detected an error, windows has been shut down to prevent further damage"whats this About?Any idea?