xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TimeBomb1405241516

I'd Like Some Advice & Opinions On This

Vice.tk

Yeah, i know... .tk

Made it in September, took 2 days to design and code it, and I may update it sometime with things like the MP3, GFX section, Animation section, and Websites section.

So?

Very nice design! Can you easily edit the content without having to change the layout? It'd be even better if it is.One thing that was confusing at first, though, was the star button that leads you to "home". I didn't know it was a button until a few 10-seconds later, so I originally thought your site didn't have anything in it. But then, I found the button and discovered all the different pages in there. I think you should make the "home" page automatically play when the user enters your site.I'm curious about the coding of those buttons. I noticed that when you click one of them, only a few surrounding stars get reset to its original rotation? Why does that happen, instead of just one resetting or all of them resetting?

The reason for it not going straight onto home, is because when I finished the background I thought it looked really nice, so I didn't want to cover it up with this other stuff. This way the viewers get to see it before it gets covered in all the content.The buttons reseting - this is because some spin faster, some are bigger, and some spin in the opposite direction (to make it all look more realistic) and so, when you click a button, all the stars reset, but some of them have gotten half way 'round a circle, and others would have done a full circle, so you only notice a few of them getting reset.Thanks for the comment :D.

It look pretty nice, for such a quick job. But afterall you might want to consider the fact, that many people still don't want to look at flash pages, because there is no copy paste, and some other stuff... anyway maybe you might make an html version of it. (it's just a suggestion)

No, flash IS the future of websites, look at 2advanced.com or Kigot, people prefer interactive websites now, like the front page of this also has flash :D and why would anyone want to copy things from my site anyway?