xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jorbanks

Google Is The Best Google is the best

there is no denying that google is the absolute best search engine ever.

its fast, extremally reliable and used by millions.

dont you agree?

1064335812[/snapback]

If you know how to do a basic Web search, then yeah, Google's pretty great. Now, the debate begins with the question, "Should Google just stick with what it knows and stop trying to compete with every other type of service provider on the Internet?" *grins*

If you know how to do a basic Web search, then yeah, Google's pretty great. Now, the debate begins with the question, "Should Google just stick with what it knows and stop trying to compete with every other type of service provider on the Internet?" *grins*

1064335829[/snapback]

All's I know, is google stock is doing unbelievable. I was watching the stock the minute.. and i mean minute it came out trading.. I was watching it on my amteritrade streamer and the first day it went up to like 115 then came down to 95.. i thought it would just plummith back down since stock were all doing so bad. I got a little scared and never got it.. can you belive its like 466. UNREAL. I wish i got in soo bad back then. stock ticker is GOOG

Good luck to anyone who did purchase the stock.

Even though google may seem the best at the moment alot of the other parties Sarah mentioned are getting better aswell, too many it may also seem that google is the best maybe because they have been using something else till recently..lets say hotbot for instance :D but in my opinion google has degraded slightly aswell. When i first started using google i just needed to type a word or two relating to the site i needed and usually found it in the top five hits, Now i have to sift through the paid adds at the top the google ad sense the cracker sites fooling googlebot and getting into the list and finally on page 3 i get what i am after. So then i took time out to read all the google tips tricks and commands that can be used which got my wanted result back into the top ten. So to me google being the best comes at a price and a large community are not willing to pay that price saying that google is an invasion of privacy and the like. Maybe google should stop focusing on the other parties and try to get back to where it once was.

True-er words have never been spoken. Google was once the best search engine. Now all those crappy addpages that give people spyware, Trojans, and Viruses are getting through the g-bot because google is too busy with their other products. :D Sorry I had to rephrase what other people are trying to get at because it is also what I think.

For me, Google is still the best search engine ever made, when it comes to spyware or trojans you just have to use Firefox :D and some antivirus with connection scanning option.And other Google services? I don't imagine passing geographics' exam without Google Maps, neither a world without Google Groups, nor e-mail without GMail...Whoa. Am I addicted to Google? :D

believe it or not, i go on google everday! it just always comes up in my mind to use google instead of any other search engines when I'm in need of a website or image. It's a great serach engine with it's handy and fast results but I hafta admit, I'm dislike, EXTREMELY dislike how there's gooooogle ads everywhere... but I guess some people need those ads in order to pay for their web hosting :) There's always gonna be up and downs but I think I might just be using google for the rest of my life when it comes to search engines!!!

Mzlingling, thats not hard to believe at all. Many of us go on Google 20+ times a day if we are researching something. Google is even my homepage. Its not hard to go on Google alot if you are information hungry or you just want to utilise thier great tools. Google has everything, right?

Without a doubt google is the best search engine ever invented. I remember back when I first started using the internet I used to use excite a lot and that was quite good and then I moved onto ask jeeves (http://de.ask.com/?o=10181&l=dir) but ever since one of my friends introduced me to google years ago I have not looked back at all.It is extremally fast and takes no crap, you don't have to deal with adds and other crap all you have to do is simply type in something you want to search, hit the search button and bam - it's there straight away.Go google all the way.

I am using google as my main search engine too, I really can find a lot on it, but I do believe that the service changed, it used to be much better, now it does not find the results as it used to, the first sites on top are those which has really great page rank, do not know how they get it, with cheating or not, but still sometimes it does not have anything to do with my keywords.. Also I remember I used copy paste some stuff from a website into google search and it showed me the site I was pasting it from, but now that does not always work, or it throws that it was not found or it shows other websites having those words somewhere in the site, some words are even skipped, page rank got more needed than the keywords them-self, but of course I can use quotes "" for my search results.But still, I think a lot of people like google, because it is very popular, I tried other search results and they weren't so bad, they really got better. :)

believe it or not, i go on google everday! it just always comes up in my mind to use google instead of any other search engines when I'm in need of a website or image. It's a great serach engine with it's handy and fast results but I hafta admit, I'm dislike, EXTREMELY dislike how there's gooooogle ads everywhere... but I guess some people need those ads in order to pay for their web hosting :P There's always gonna be up and downs but I think I might just be using google for the rest of my life when it comes to search engines!!!

1064336694[/snapback]

Hey, me too! I always use Google Search (other search engines? rarely!) because of its speed and efficiency :):angry: I like its stylish outlook and layout too! It's so simplistic :)

Well, yes, Google Ads are very annoying but hey, they have to feed themselves :P But of course, they're making more money ... WAY more than they actually need :D:P

Oh well, we have to buy Google stocks sometime soon because investing is GOOD!!!

Google isn't as effeciant as it used to be, lots of dodgy websites cheat the system and try to get themselves placed at the top of the search results when they have nothing to do with what you are actually after. Google does need to concentrate on its search engine again as well as its side projects, if you ask someone "what is google?" they'll reply "its a search engine" and that is what people really rely on google for. Still I must say I rarely have any better luck on other search engines in finding what i'm after.