xisto Community
Khymnon

Is There Software To Handle .PSD Images? other than Photoshop ...

Hello everyone,Do you know any other piece of software that can handle the manipulation of .PSD images other than Photoshop?I actually have Photoshop 8.0 CS, but I'd like to know if there was a simpler application to use.I don't need any sophisticated tools, really. All I want is for that application to allow font and color editing of .PSD files.Thanks in advance. Cheers. :D

I know that PhotoImpression3 supports .PSD files, but it isn't a very good program, at least not as good as Photoshop. Maybe if I find some link I'll post it here. May I ask why you don't just use Photoshop? If you search for a somewhat easier application I think PI is a good choice. Hope I can find a link.-=jeroen=-

Actually, warbird, I wanted a lighter application. I have to do some work on a very old, very slow computer, and although Photoshop does run on it, it's insanely slow.

But what is PI? :D

Thank you for replying. Take care.

Gimp has support for PSD files. I could save an image as a PSD file and then open it in Photoshop to slice it up for a web template. You can get it from here.

But isn't GIMP a bit heavy on system resources. It works fine on my personal computer, but I've heard it caused problems on older computers. I can't remember what its system requirements were.Well, I should go check it right now. Thank you, abhiram. :-)

I have a program I've been using for a few years called IrfanView, it supports pretty much everything. You can also load your PS filters and apply them to your image in IrfanView. It doesn't use styles or blend modes, and I don't think you can add text, but it's really small and lightweight, so I use it mostly for resizing and making abstract wallpapers with the filters. If you're just looking for something to do the basic crop, resize, color, and filter... You should definately check this out. IrfanView