xisto Community
bash18

Whats Happens After I Exhaust Bandwith + Space

Just Wondering What happens after u run out of bandwidth/space, my pervious website had 1600 - 2000 unique hits perday...i may need more space and bandwidth.. is it possible to upgrade even more.afer i run out. PLZ LET ME KNOW BASH18

Edited by miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG (see edit history)

The maximum space you can get under any circumstances is 150MB and as for Bandwidth - you get a monthly dedicated 5GB. I'm afraid that as of now we cannot offer any more, since we've got a considerable number of members to take care of.Once you exceed your diskspace or monthly bandwidth, you're issued a warning by email. If it's diskspace, you've got a chance to rectify by removing some files from your home folder. This has to be done within 24 hours of receiving the notice. If not your account gets automatically suspended, till you bring the usage down to your alloted limits.As for Bandwidth - there's nothing you can do when it exceeds your monthly quota. You account once again, will get auto suspended till you reach next month and your monthly quota is reset to full again. 5GB I believe is a very decent amount and will take an average consumer a good lot of time to exhaust. We haven't received any complaints about bandwidth - none that I can remember.

You used to get 1500-2000 *unique* hits a day? Sweet Zeus!Well, even though I believe 5GB of bandwidth can still fulfill your needs, I wonder, with this kind of popularity, why don't you take the paid hosting route? For example, Xisto - Web Hosting.com seems to offer a lot more space and bandwidth, with more robust servers, and for a very low price.

I'm thinking about moving over to Xisto - Web Hosting, simply for the extra storage space. My site has a lot of flash games, and so on, all of which use up quite a bit of bandwidth, but I've never even used up 1GB of bandwidth. My highest was last month, and it was 911.10MB, which is very little considering we get 5GB.