xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dhanesh1405241511

Pictures Of The Sky ...

Umm .. m not shure what to call this (maybe jobless work) or how would i want you folks to rate it .. but its your choice ..

All these pics were taken on my way to college in a period of 1 year .. 90% of them were taken by my good ol Nokia 6630 :D .. Teme how good are these .. Just wanted to share em with ya :D

>> LINK <<

Regards
Dhanesh ..

Those are ROCKING pictures dude :D Just wish you had a better camera - finer resolution would have done wonders to those shots.

These are the ones I liked the best (composition and dramatisation wise):

Butter Clouds on Highway 2 - this one is fab, by virtue of the fact that you've got two sets of elements leading all the way to the horizon. The clouds themselves and the row of electric polls.

Butter Clouds over Emmar 4 - only if the edge of the car-window (or whatever's on the left edge) was omitted this would make a terrific shot.. You got it at a nice angle too. The arched sweep of the clouds really makes this one stand out.

Butter Clouds 1 & Butter Clouds Shine over Tree 1 - in both the effect you achieved is breathtaking.. it's like the clouds are some mystical rays emanating from the sun.. I wonder how it would have looked in real life.. must have been stunning :D

Butter Clouds over Mosque 2 - this would have made a great shot if you'd captured the mosque's sillhouette a little more clearly. That's where it lacks. Otherwise nice try.

Get yourself a good 5 MegaPixel camera dude - they aint expensive at all.. especially in Dubai and start shooting.. u have the basic skills to get started and you'll be shooting stunners in no time ;)

Good luck,

m^e

Thanks for the prompt reply m^e .. :D Hope you saw the rest of the pics too .. i know its crazy but there are like 53 pics all together lol .. right above Butter Clouds 1 therz a dropdown for pages ...Happy you liked em .. infact i showed em to my folks at home and they freaked out .. and yes my dad did promise to get me a digicam soon .. :D hopefully i would go on a picture spree after that .. i have many more .. but i need to organize .. so as it comes i'll share it with you .. Thankx again .. RegardsDhanesh ..

Talking about buying cameras, m^e, I think you could be of some help. One of my friend is planning to go for a digital camera and is contemplating on various models.She does not want it to be something for professional use, but wants to start using it as a hoby, and as a preliminary study of photography.I belive you stay in India, (pardon me if I am wrong), so could you suggest which ones she should go for? Cannon or Sony or something else? Which models? I am not sure of the exact price range, but something to bank on before browsing the malls of Chennai would be helpful.

I dont live in India .. but being a mumbaite .. i know people go for Benq or Sony .. mostly CyberShot .. A Sony can be a money sucker .. but if you just want to start off with 3MP or 4MP shots .. then i would suggest Benq .. cheap and the best .. RegardsDhanesh.

Talking about buying cameras, m^e, I think you could be of some help.  One of my friend is planning to go for a digital camera and is contemplating on various models.

She does not want it to be something for professional use, but wants to start using it as a hoby, and as a preliminary study of photography.

I belive you stay in India, (pardon me if I am wrong), so could you suggest which ones she should go for?  Cannon or Sony or something else?  Which models?  I am not sure of the exact price range, but something to bank on before browsing the malls of Chennai would be helpful.

1064334977[/snapback]

IF it isn't for professional use, I'd say she should go for a Sony Cybershot. I recommend the model I'd used to shoot the pictures of my trip in Northern India - http://forums.xisto.com/topic/85928-topic/?findpost=1064317551

The model number is DSC-P200 and it can shoot upto 7.2MegaPixels, which is damned good for the price I got it at. Cost me about Rs. 15,500 /- or USD $360. While it still screws up pictures shot in near-dark situations, the ones in moderately lit and bright sunlight are simply awesome. Infact, for most part I didn't even use the 7.2MP mode. 5MP was good enough for me.

It's got a Carl-Zeiss ED lens with upto 3X Optical Zoom and a very decent sized LCD Screen. The camera itself is quite compact and runs about 3 hours of continuous shooting before the juice gives out. The juice wears off faster if the inbuilt flash is used.

There's Video mode to it too - but I prefer to use my DVD-Rec based Video Cam for it. But remember one thing - even at 5MP your Memory Cards will get exhausted real fast. I was able to get about 21-25 shots on each card at that resolution. I always have a bunch (4-5) of spare sticks ready, so it wasn't really a problem for me.

Functionality, features and ease-of-use wise I'd say this one's a very good camera for beginners (it also sports a total newbie point-and-click mode).

DSC-P200 -- the Sony Cybershot, eh?OK. I am noting it down on my cell. (Am bad with remembering things. :D ) Thanks, m^e, that was a good suggestion. I am off to check the features, and also I think I will suggest it to my friend. She will be browsing the malls tomorrow. :D

I'm not very good with cameras but have gotten some good shots of Gatlinburg of Tennesee in the U.S. during my vacation there. Not the little city itself but atop the mountains and iced up "rivers". I took them all in my Sony Ericsson k700i which is i think, using a VGA camera. I believe that's the worst you can get out of a cameraphone.

About dhanesh's shots, I'd say their really great! :D The clouds you captured definitely looked "buttery" as you called it. I especially liked Butter Clouds over Mosque 2 because the Mosque's peak point makes a good focal point for the picture. I didn't get to see the rest of the 50+ photos though because i gotta dash and making this quick comment before i go. Like m^e, you're gonna be a great photographer with that much of patience in you. (I personally get bored of looking at clouds after awhile, no offence :D )

Edited by szupie (see edit history)

Sorry to double post but i just saw the second page and found the "Sky at Khorfakkan" series was SUPERB!! Absolutely love'em. m^e maybe you could join this up with my post above. Thanks and you've GOTTA see the page to Sky at Khorfakkan. It's excellent! Great work Dhanesh!

some really good photographs there. favouites being:* Sky at Enoc Station 1* Sky at Jabel ali 1* Sky at Jabel Ali 2* Sky at Khorfakkan 4* Sunrise Sky on Highwayso quite afew favourites. some of them would look even better with a bit of tweeking. i use google's picasia to organise my photos and it has a 'im feeling lucky' button that 'fixes' the images in one click. i dont know if you have windows but it's a good program if you do.

Wow. Really great pictures! :) It's obvious you have great artistic flare.Perhaps you could look at upgrading your camera and looking for some professional work as a photographer?These pictures show some really good work. Well done.Make sure you keep us informed on how it goes!