xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Razor Blaze

Ultra Low Priced Computer - If Assembled At Home

This is a list of computer parts that I put togeather to show the kind of deal you can get by putting your computer togeather yourself.Premium Doom 2535 Black ATX Mid-Tower Case with Front USB and Audio Ports and 400-Watt 20/24-Pin Power SupplyPrice - $44.99ABIT KU8 ULi Socket 754 ATX Motherboard and an AMD Sempron 64 2800+ 1.60GHz ProcessorPrice - $134.99Maxtor / DiamondMax 10 / 160GB / 7200 / 16MB / ATA-133 / EIDE / OEM / RoHS Compliant Hard DrivePrice - $89.99$40 mail-in rebatePrice after rebate - $49.99Kingston Dual Channel 512MB PC3200 DDR 400MHz Memory (2 x 256MB)Price - $49.99PowerColor Radeon 9250 / 128MB DDR / AGP 8X / VGA / DVI / TV Out / Video CardPrice - $39.99Lite-on SOHC-5236K / 52x32x52x CD-RW / 16x DVD-ROM / Black / Combo DrivePrice - $33.99Ultra 18" Rounded Blue IDE Cable For 2 DevicesPrice - $4.99_________________________________________________________________Total$398.93Total after rebates$358.93

Edited by miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG (see edit history)

IMO you should be weary of the motherboard u buy....a bad quality motherboard can makeur life hell..i am talking from personal experience.

I can agree on the motherboard problem.... I had one that just didn't seem to be compatable with my GeForce 4 Ti4200 (I guess other people had the same problem). It would lock the system in a blue screen in Windows XP, which under normal circumstances was almost non-existent for me. At one point, it completely crashed when I was playing Clive Barker's Undying... and completely corrupted the hard drive to the point of it was smoking when I turned the computer on.... And it wasn't the hard drive's fault, because it was the third one that went out on me with that system.I later got an ATI Radeon x800 Pro, and haven't had any problems since :D *knock on wood*