xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iceblade1405241492

Tribes 2, Anyone? Update Helps? I need some help, if anyone can give it.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. I'm still kind a newbie here. For christmas since my sister is still in college and has college fees to pay for, she bought a cheap copy (legal) of Tribes 2, however when I ran it and tried to play online, I was told that my version wasn't updated and there was no update to get. This is the best seller series by the way if that helps at all.Sorry again if this is the wrong place to post, just thought mayeb you guys could help. Thanks in advance for any help. (by the way, I downloaded the update 05/22/03 from Sierras website and installed it. Again any help? Thanks...) Ice

Possibly due to the age of the game the company in this case Sierra i believe has stopped the online servers and or the updates that is needed and tools and add ons ..so on.I suggest two things sincei have not played tribes is to use google and search for patches online updates and the like and you will find plenty of fan or gamer sites with the archives of all the patches you need.The next step is to again use google to find online communities of the game who may still have servers runing themselves or links to others.And if you still need more maybe try independant server searching programs such as the all seeing eye, and if i am not mistaken Sierra teamed up with such a program called GameSpy.Hope this helps and happy gaming.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. I'm still kind a newbie here.

For christmas since my sister is still in college and has college fees to pay for, she bought a cheap copy (legal) of Tribes 2, however when I ran it and tried to play online, I was told that my version wasn't updated and there was no update to get. This is the best seller series by the way if that helps at all.

Sorry again if this is the wrong place to post, just thought mayeb you guys could help. Thanks in advance for any help.

(by the way, I downloaded the update 05/22/03 from Sierras website and installed it. Again any help? Thanks...)

Ice

The following (if you can follow it) applies to win XP:

Go to where you installed Tribes2 (For me it is 'C:\Dynamix\'). Open that File, and navigate to Tribes2.exe in your '...\Dynamix\Tribe2\GameData\' file; I repeat, GameData file e.g. ' …\Dynamix\Tribes2\GameData\Tribes2.exe ', (NOT in the '\Tribe2\ ' file. There are a couple of Tribe2.exe files in there, but we don’t want either one of those). Find, and then right-click on that icon ‘Tribes2.exe’ (it's in there somewhere B), really! );

Now, on the dialog box that pops up, navigate with your mouse up to: ‘Send To >’, and then over to and clicking on ‘Desktop (create shortcut)’. You’ve just created a shortcut on your desktop that you will use to access Tribes online; after a slight modification of its properties.

OK, now go to your Desktop and find the shortcut icon ‘Tribes2.exe’ you just created and right click on it, and click on 'properties'.

Now, next to where it says ‘Target:’ you should see a box that contains the address: ‘[The drive you installed Tribes onto]\Dynamix\Tribes2\GameData\tribes2.exe’. What your going to do next is add the command ‘ –online’ to the end of the line/address in that box, not forgetting the space before the ‘minus sign’, (iIt should look something like this: 'C:\Dynamix\Tribes2\GameData\Tribes2.exe -online' (ignoring the quotes) after your finished), and then ‘apply’ changes.

Now when ever you want to play Tribes2 online just click on that shortcut icon that you created, and modified and sign in...

That’s it, enjoy ;)

Edited by 55rebel (see edit history)