xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
doom145

What Is Moral Fibre? answered here

What does that have to do with Moral Fibre? Look up the definition of Morals in the dictionary.

Moral Fibre is best defined as INTEGRITY.

Itegrity is defined as "Steadfast adherence to a strict moral or ethical code"

I fail to see what that has to do with ugly guys dating hot chicks.

160029[/snapback]

Yea, I'd have to agree with you there. I had never thought of morals as they relate to 'ugly guys dating hot chicks' as it's been said. Morals (I thought at least) was having a set of beliefs, and sticking with them. Backing up whatever you think is right, and maintaining a sort of standard.

I suppose that morals apply to everything, including dating. Because for me, treating someone right (regardless of their returned affections) just seems like the right thing to do. And if I was to stand beside the person I'd chosen, I could only morally do so, if I also stood for whatever they stood for.

Sure, people can stand for all sorts of different things, and I wouldn't be oppossed to many of them, but because of my personal morals that I have, no matter who the person is, I couldn't put my support into certain things.

I don't know, this is sort of becoming a ramble, which is what I tend to do, but hopefully it's making some sort of sence. That's my aim here.

Sometimes doing the right thing isn't necessarily doing the right thing. Does that make sense? Doing something right for the wrong reason is never ok. You can do all the good deeds you like, but it doesn't mean a thing if you're doing it for yourself and already planning on what you'll get in return. If you're doing something purely for that other person because you want to help them or because you care about them - then that's genuine.

Doing something right for the wrong reason is never ok.

162086[/snapback]

Morals are a very sticky subject. Obviously doing something right to impress someone else when you could careless about what really happens is not really a good reason to do the right thing. Its not always wrong either. Sometimes when you do something right for the wrong reasons you learn something from it and maybe the next time you will do the right thing for the wrong reasons.

Also what one culture may consider morally wrong, another culture may consider morally right. That is why I say morals are such a sticky subject. It also depends on how or where you grew up. Sometimes morals are differant with differant families. You find this all the time in today's society.

That is just a few thoughts that crossed my mind about what you all said. ;)

What does that have to do with Moral Fibre? Look up the definition of Morals in the dictionary.

Moral Fibre is best defined as INTEGRITY.

Itegrity is defined as "Steadfast adherence to a strict moral or ethical code"

I fail to see what that has to do with ugly guys dating hot chicks.

160029[/snapback]

Yeah what kind of Moral Fibre is this? Well at least we can see the other point of view of this Moral Fibre.

How can you give an example of ugly guys dating hot chicks?

Might proves useful to me in future.. ;)

I think you have put a very specific definition onto moral fibre... I see it as not gender specific, ie not relating to emotional value between two people that are/could be/will end up in love, but rather as what a person is made up of in terms of the goodness he/she wishes to bring to others. Morals are those judgments/feelings (more gut feelings) upon which decisions are made. They are built into us from an early age and often stem from our parents opinions. So moral fibre is totally subjective. What may be a good deed in some societies or nieghbourhoods may be frowned upon in others. This is more evident in Western versus other societies, and more specifically religious groups. High moral fibre, I think, comes when a person is more selfless, without being dormant or letting others walk all over you. High moral fibre is being there for others when they need you, yet not compromising your own position or commitments. It is never compromising what you stand for, for morals are our base, the root level from which we base our decisions. And when we compromise our morals we are guilt-ridden and feel as if we have let not only others down, but more importantly ourselves, the only person who truly knows us, who can pass judgment completely as we are our harshest critic. So I suppose we have a few similar views...

Moral Fibre

What Is Moral Fibre?

Moral fibre is the inner strength to do what you believe to be right in difficult situations

-reply by MoralGuy

Moral Fibre is when you find that someone and you give it all up, you risk your life, your future, everything but when you have done all this for her/him you wil know that the juice is worth the squeeze, you know that she will look after you and take care of you as you did for her and eventually she will start liking ya(if she doesnt allready) so all ya boys out there that are ugly(no offence)and you want to go out with a hot chick, just do one amazing thing for her and she will know that you do have real fealing for her and she will eventually start liking you, just try try again i say, but if it is just a crush(normally like for teenagers)then just ignore it, its a flick and you will regret it all your life that you gave up your life for one crush and she still didnt go out with me :) girls are fussy :D (no offence :):P )

isn't this from the girl next door?