xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
alliwantisU

Where Can I Get Any Gif Animator For Free? Im really desperate

I want to know where I can download any GIF animator for free (not the trial version). I don't mind if it doesn't have very fancy features... I'm just desperate to have one...

something that could make simple pictures like this...

Posted Image

I've tried to look for Image ready v. 1, but all I can find are free trials and Image ready v. 1.01 (which needs Image ready v. 1)

You could try using GIFWorks, Mr FreeFree, or just go to Download.com and search the freeware section for one :D

Good Luck!

I want to know where I can download any GIF animator for free (not the trial version). I don't mind if it doesn't have very fancy features... I'm just desperate to have one...

Posted Image

I've tried to look for Image ready v. 1, but all I can find are free trials and Image ready v. 1.01 (which needs Image ready v. 1)

1064334418[/snapback]

Hey there.. what you're looking out for is called GIMP and it's available here (for windows<<also available for linux>>). GIMP is a very versatile piece of software and I'd highly reccomend it - first, since it's completely free.. :-); and of course, because it offers a lot (or more likely - most) features that full blown paid for software offer - the likes of Photoshop, Corel Draw and the likes of those..

Here's what you want to do.. First of all, (if you're installing in a Windows system) you meed to install GTK - get hold of the latest version - download it from the Gimp download site on Sourceforge and install it. It's the Runtime software to support GIMP on the Windows platform (for Linux - it's a different procedure - uncompress the package you download and install as normal under Linux - instructions in the Readme files).. Once you've installed GTK, you can also run other software like GAIM (multi - IM).

Now tha fun part.. You need to down load GIMP and run the exe file - this will install GIMP on your system. Simple... okay - lets make things a bit trickier..

You need to download the animation package next (available on the same download page (get the latest version as always.. always go for the latest features...) once you're done with the download - double click the file to install... Also, just incase you need them, it's always a good idea to download and install the HELP files too - all these packages are available as seperate downloads to make it simpler to download - and so that you only need to download what you require - as and when..

Right - so you're all done with downloading and installing - next... your GIF..

Open your all new version of GIMP (you'll most likely find it in your start menu).. the first time you run it - the program will install additional files into the system tat it will draw upon from time to time. Finish with the procedure - as simply as clicking OK OK OK..

Got to FILE > OPEN (open the image you want)

You've got the image open in it's full size - First now, resize your image (so you'll have space for the arrow - like in the image you've got set as an example) This is done by clicking on the resize button on the main dialogues GUI (hover your pointer over the buttons for the tool tips - will help you learn what the buttons do). Next click on the image - this will instantly open up a resize dialogue - ignore it and click on the ends of the image and pull and tug at the ends to get the image to the size you want - click on the resize button on the resize dialogue.

Next - click on the "T" button on the main GUI (with all the buttons) - and click on the picture type out your text as you want it - resize, change font, colour etc on the main buttons GUI before you close the text dialogue. each time you click on the image while the 'T" button is pressed will let you open a new 'text' layer - each time you write into the 'text' dialogue - you will create a new layer...

Orger the layers in the way you wish them to appear in your GIF - by dragging the layers up and down in the layers GUI and you're nearly ready for the final bit...

On the Image screen got to FILE> Save As > write in your file name (dot) GIF

Screen will ask you >>Save GIF as an animation or flattened image - select animation > Next/OK > Final save screen will ask you for the duration - select continous - or give the number of times you want the GIF to repeat... click OK/SAVE - and you're done

Your saved image will be an animated GIF..

Note: before you save your final work as a GIF, save your layers in a format that accepts layers - such as ABCD.psd (photoshop file) - this will allow you to go back to the file and fiddle around with it later incase you want changes...

All the best.. my site has a GIF logo thus created on GIMP... do have a look-see..!!

i use unFREEz (witty name, eh? it's free, and animations are the opposite of 'frozen images) and i am quite happy with it... http://www.whitsoftdev.com/unfreez/

it's less than 20 kb and works really simple:

Posted Image

just drag 'n drop the images into the screen, pick a frame delay and check loop animation (or not:)) it can go weird when you drop a lot of images at once though... :D

Hey there.. what you're looking out for is called GIMP and it's available here (for windows<<also available for linux>>). GIMP is a very versatile piece of software and I'd highly reccomend it - first, since it's completely free.. :-); and of course, because it offers a lot (or more likely - most) features that full blown paid for software offer - the likes of Photoshop, Corel Draw and the likes of those..
Here's what you want to do.. First of all, (if you're installing in a Windows system) you meed to install GTK - get hold of the latest version - download it from the Gimp download site on Sourceforge and install it. It's the Runtime software to support GIMP on the Windows platform (for Linux - it's a different procedure - uncompress the package you download and install as normal under Linux - instructions in the Readme files).. Once you've installed GTK, you can also run other software like GAIM (multi - IM).

Now tha fun part.. You need to down load GIMP and run the exe file - this will install GIMP on your system. Simple... okay - lets make things a bit trickier..

You need to download the animation package next (available on the same download page (get the latest version as always.. always go for the latest features...) once you're done with the download - double click the file to install... Also, just incase you need them, it's always a good idea to download and install the HELP files too - all these packages are available as seperate downloads to make it simpler to download - and so that you only need to download what you require - as and when..

Right - so you're all done with downloading and installing - next... your GIF..

Open your all new version of GIMP (you'll most likely find it in your start menu).. the first time you run it - the program will install additional files into the system tat it will draw upon from time to time. Finish with the procedure - as simply as clicking OK OK OK..

Got to FILE > OPEN (open the image you want)
You've got the image open in it's full size - First now, resize your image (so you'll have space for the arrow - like in the image you've got set as an example) This is done by clicking on the resize button on the main dialogues GUI (hover your pointer over the buttons for the tool tips - will help you learn what the buttons do). Next click on the image - this will instantly open up a resize dialogue - ignore it and click on the ends of the image and pull and tug at the ends to get the image to the size you want - click on the resize button on the resize dialogue.

Next - click on the "T" button on the main GUI (with all the buttons) - and click on the picture type out your text as you want it - resize, change font, colour etc on the main buttons GUI before you close the text dialogue. each time you click on the image while the 'T" button is pressed will let you open a new 'text' layer - each time you write into the 'text' dialogue - you will create a new layer...

Orger the layers in the way you wish them to appear in your GIF - by dragging the layers up and down in the layers GUI and you're nearly ready for the final bit...

On the Image screen got to FILE> Save As > write in your file name (dot) GIF
Screen will ask you >>Save GIF as an animation or flattened image - select animation > Next/OK > Final save screen will ask you for the duration - select continous - or give the number of times you want the GIF to repeat... click OK/SAVE - and you're done

Your saved image will be an animated GIF..

Note: before you save your final work as a GIF, save your layers in a format that accepts layers - such as ABCD.psd (photoshop file) - this will allow you to go back to the file and fiddle around with it later incase you want changes...

All the best.. my site has a GIF logo thus created on GIMP... do have a look-see..!!

Oh, kaputnik, thanks very very much! I was just looking for any tips where can i get a free gif animator for my site! Thanks, thanks, thanks! :D The only thing i didn`t understand where can i get "GIMP"? :D

Posted Image

1064334418[/snapback]

I would suggest going to http://www.anim8tor.com/

They have one that's pretty good, has a detailed manual, and it's totally free! I've used it just to play around with and it's pretty fast also.

Good luck.