xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SunBlind

Photoshop Tutorial: Carbon Fiber Pattern A very popular pattern

This tutorial will teach you how to make the ever popular Carbon Fiber pattern. I use it frequently, since it can create many different looks when it's applied in different scales. Anywhos, let's get started!

1. Create a new image, 4px by 4px, with a transparent background

2. Zoom in 800%

3. Using your 1px Pencil tool (Posted Image) and the color #595959, create a 2px wide by 1px high rectangle in the top left corner of the square

Posted Image

4. Now switch your color to #474647 and make another 2x1 pixel rectangle below the one you just made

Posted Image

5. Repeat Step 4 with the color #2D2C2D

Posted Image

6. Repeat Step 4 with the color #131212

Posted Image

7. Now switch sides and make another 2x1 pixel rectangle with #2D2C2D in the top right corner of the square

Posted Image

8. Switch your color to #131212 and make another 2x1 pixel rectangle below the one you just made

Posted Image

9. Repeat Step 8 with the color #595959

Posted Image

10. Repeat Step 8 with the color #474647

Posted Image

11. Go to Select > All (or press Ctrl + A)

12. Go to Edit > Define Pattern. Name the pattern "Carbon Fiber," save, and you're done!

Posted Image

You may also download the pattern here. Save it into your presets directory under Patterns (should be something like C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop 7.0\Presets\Patterns). This pattern is used in my Custom Style #1 Tutorial :D

Edited by miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG (see edit history)

Jeez, I don't know what's been up with PicTiger lately... Guess I'll have to reupload them. Sorry about that! I just got back from a month and a half "vacation" so I'll get around to updating the tutorial images within the next couple of days.