xisto Community
WeaponX

Adding More IDE Ports In Computer

Greetings, Happy New Year,

So can I use this ATA controller card just for IDE slot "expansion"?

Yes, it should work fine.

The Barracuda 7200.9 PATA models are one of the latest series on the market; the performance of your 120GB model is basically the same as the 400GB model, only with less capacity so you should be happy with it.

Happy New Year...Installed Windows on it this evening. Ran into some freezing problems at first, but got it sorted out. Everything looks good now...just in time for the New Year :D I'll use that old ATA controller card from the old desktop.Thanks again for all the help...

hardrive questions

Adding More IDE Ports In Computer

I have multiple hardrives I have collected. I want to put them all in the same case so to speak, I've seen 8bay hardrive usb enclosures, & it doesn't look all that hard to build one. But the problem I thinking of is the bridgeboard. I can build a custom case & add the approiate power supply, but the hd enclosure case I'm using as a model to build from, I can't see how the board is built, I know it goes from the hardrive, to a board then converts to usb, & then the usb plugs into your computer. The one I saw is @ cyberguys.Com. I know it has 4 ide cables plugged into this board, it also had other pictures to see more than just 1 pic, but it doesn't say who makes it. I want to built a custom board to handle as many hardrives I want, I know I have more than 8 hd's, so if any body can give me the 411 on where to search on how one looks like (the bridge board), or where I might be able to buy one so I can try & custom build a board myself, all help will appreciated. Please send any info to dallasdawg1119@hotmail.Com

-question by smitty

Is There Any Relation Of RAM With Internal HDD(SATA or PATA)Adding More IDE Ports In Computer

Hi All,

Just want to know whether there is any kind of relation between PC RAM and HDD.

My PC Configuration Is:

AMD(64 bit) ATHLON 2800+ 

1GB DDR1 RAM

80GB Seagate SATA HDD, recently added 320GB Western Digital SATA HDD.

Will 1GB RAM will Support The Above Configuration With A Total Of 400GB SATA HDD.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Amit

-question by Amit Kumar