xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
partycruiser

Php Portal Question - Which One Is The Best ? php portal Question

well hello peopleI have got a question about php portals, namely I was wandering what kinda portal I could use best.......I want to use it for a site that will be all about the dance scene likepartypic photogalleries, an agenda for upcoming parties, a forum and i wil also need a very good download section.Also I would prefer a portal that have alot of templates availebleand offcourse It should not be too hard to install and manage sinds I'm a bit new with these kind of things :huh:so any advise about this will be very welcomethnx ciao !!

Edited by miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG (see edit history)

You want a CMS or Content Management System like PHP-Nuke or Post-Nuke or XOOPS or possibly Mambo they all do these thigs with downloadable modules to suit your site, you can make them appear however you want through an admin panel.

You can get PHP-Nuke or Mambo through Fantastico here on Xisto when you are a member. Do a Web search for CMS on google or MSN Search or Yahoo Search and you will see pretty much the same results for your query.

I have been running PHP-Nuke for about 18 months and like the ease of its use, have tried XOOPS and looked at Mambo but after using the phpBB forums that I am familair with the I just stick with PHP-Nuke.

Hope that helps some,

Houdini