xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Goosestaf

World Oil Politics + Control

Russia has emerged as the new super power with abundance of oil to supply India, China and rest of the world. As OPEC runs out of its excess capacity to produce any more oil, the world looks towards Russia to save them from oil starvation. Lack of Oil and Gas can literally stall the world economies. Saudis and other OPEC nations promised extra production and even taking quotas off the table. At the same time oil crossed the $56 per barrel.
The U.S. Senate voted on March 16th to allow oil drilling in an Alaskan wildlife refuge, and will include it in the 2006 budget. U.S. President George W. Bush said the project will make the country less dependent on foreign oil. America has a lot of oil too. And now America and Russia realize that the new world superpowers are created based on who can supply and control oil.

In the mean time, Russia and Germany are moving forward in cooperation. Germany needs Russian Oil and Gas. Neither NATO nor EU can provide the energy needs of Germany. Siemens AG, a German diversified industry giant, and Russian gas giant Gazprom signed an agreement March 16 on strategic partnership. The document details joint development of several projects, such as construction of a North European gas pipeline to link Russia and Germany through the seabed of the Baltic Sea, exploration and exploitation of the South Russian gas field, development of gas transportation systems in Europe and projects in the electric energy field.

China and Russia are reinventing new friendship around the energy needs of China. Soon Chinese manufacturers and Indian service providers will ask their overseas clients to provide the energy needed to perform their work. Russian oil brought China close to Russia. Today China and Russia even plan to have joint military exercises. India is looking towards Russia, Iran, and Venezuela for energy supplies.

America opposes India-Iran strategic Gas Pipeline. India looks forward to US for supply of energy that she will need in the next twenty tears if Iran project has to be scrapped.

China and India are both panicked. While their growth rates are unmatched, neither India nor China are self-sufficient in oil. And that can be death sentence for Indian and Chinese economies.

Do not under estimate America though. Americans will eventually control the oil supply through effective Geopolitical maneuvers in Middle-East, production of oil and gas in Alaska as well as untapped under ocean resources and strategic relations with the African and Latin American countries. Canada is the wild card. Canada and America combined have more oil and Gas than you can think of.

In the coming years, the world will become very polarized. Groups of countries will flock together based on oil and gas sources. Trade, economic growth and inflation will depend upon oil resource. The energy may not trade the way they trade today. These blocks of countries will impose quotas among each other and use oil and gas. Superpowers will be judged by their ability to supply cheap and reliable energy.

Country oil cartels will be set up, costing countries who are not in on the cartel big. Countries who have the oil will grow where as thsoe who don't will suffer. What do you think the outcome of all this will be? The rise of russia and china as super powers? the USA becommign even more so isolated? I personally think the article will happen, where countries liek russia will supply alot of the energy to natiosn such as china, india and the EU, leaving the US and Canada to go digging for theres. the US can't rely on the middle east forever.
Discuss your views and opinions on the inevatable world oil/energy crisis.

wow what a nice article. I think the world needs OIL from some other place than the Arab world. Even today because of their OIL many unnecessary fights have erupted and the region is suffering which is absolutely unnecessary. I'm happy that finally Russia will be able to fill up this space and thus reduce the tension in the region. Besides the tampered Arab countries will also learn more lessons as people can go to any other countries for oil if they can get it from them.. this is good news.... US may have to change their foreign policy..

Many environmentalists believe that the hydrocarbon age must end quickly lest we be doomed to extinction. What are the various responses of the oil industry to environmentalist challenges. To what extent do environmentalists and oil producers share common interests?

oil's getting more and more expensive and people are just going to rely on it more and more. We need to use oil-free alternavtives, becuase oils prices are soaring at 56 dollars a barrel.

well from what i've heard rumour/theory is that oil companies can easily research for a renewable resource but they just choose not to because it will greatly affect their revenue... well they can still gain money buy selling some hydrogen fuel to cars but it won't be as profitable as oil, so they keep everyone continuously dependant on oil. There is another rumour that there are very large oil untapped oil sources that the oil companies/goverment are keeping hidden so they can fluctuate the prices to their wishes.Don't take the things i said as a fact its just things i've heard which seems resonable but i could be dead wrong... anyways for now i really dont care and i dont think we would have to care for our generation well my generation right now im 16 and another 90 years i dont think it would be a very big issue maybe in another centuary or so.But people should research and develop new clean and efficent energy sources for the sake of the enviroment even if we have enough oil we could all be left dead because of the pollution caused by the energy we consume.... scary thought.... i dont wanna die under the smog... :)

Many environmentalists believe that the hydrocarbon age must end quickly lest we be doomed to extinction. What are the various responses of the oil industry to environmentalist challenges. To what extent do environmentalists and oil producers share common interests?

Exactly, I think what we can focus on here is sustainablity and money. They go hand in hand. Only thing is we have to do it quick, or a lot of people may die...in war or from infrastructure collapse.

It is the new generations that will see the hardest times from previous generations selfishness and laziness. What a grand thing. Anyway, I guess that means art and literature will be coming back full force becuase times will be so hard. Get ready for another "Grapes of Wrath"...finally(sigh). Geez, and I would be really concerned if I lived in England, because if the weather patterns match what happened historically when the waters cooled from the Great Lakes melting...England will freeze. 10 years after the great lakes melted England was in an ice age...and right now the North Pole is melting...polar bears are dying and more species than ever are going extinct. Dun Dun Dun!

I live in Pennsylvania, USA and this is supposed to turn into a tropical rain forest, just what I always wanted...although all of Southern US is supposed to turn into a desert, and those folks will probably come up here and cause havok with their southern ways. I have to say though, everyone I have ever met from Texas has been REALLY FUNNY, and if take the President out of Bush, he would probably be really funny too...especially if I were really drunk!...I take that back, he would still probably annoy me and I would have to leave his presence.
Edited by communitykat (see edit history)