xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
prorip

Discussion: Finding The Best Sli Motherboard

Well I was hoping to get some help from a few of you that have experience a range of SLI motherboards, I currently have a ASUS A8N-SLI Motherboard2x 6600GT'sWell funnily enough I am wanting to setup another computer (i'm greedy) but I'm not wanting the ASUS board again (stoopid chipset fun was stuffed when I got it so replaced with northbridge heatsink much quiter).Plus I want to try sumthing different.following boards are available for me to buy here in Australia, WAABIT-AN8-SLI SeriesDFI LanParty SeriesGigiabyte A8N SeriesEpox EP-9NPANow from what I have read the DFI LanParty series are probably the best but I would like to find some who can compare the pro's and cons of each board.Plus is it better to go for a 6600GT factory overclocked or a 7800 GT Standard?

Edited by miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG (see edit history)

I have no experience with SLI mobo's, but if you want to overclock, then go for the DFI. But avoid the DFI Expert motherboard, it's a real killer (it already killed a lot of cpu's at xtremesystems).And if I were you, I'd go for the 7800GT, because when you overclock it, it'll be faster than the 6600GT overclocked.