xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Harry1984a

"..look That You Don’t Get Bluesnarfied" ..look that you don’t get Bluesnarfied

Hey!I want to introduce yourself to a dialogue...A dialogue between my friend Mike (M) and myself (I)M: Hey… how are you…I: Hey… I’m fine thanks… what’s up…M: Hmm... nothing… all the same… business a usual all the day. But… yeah… my mobile is broken… it had a little accident with the street and a tire…I: Hä...??M: No comment… it was quite old and… however… I have to buy a new one. Maybe such a cool device with Bluetooth support...I: Bluetooth... hmm...M: Yeah... you are able to connect nearly everything to this mobile! Of course wireless… PC, printer and so on… quite cool!I: Hmm… but look that you don’t get Bluesnarfied…M: Blues what?I: Bluesnarfing… you don’t know this expression?M: Not really…I: It means “the hijacking of a Bluetooth device” by a stranger...M: Why should a stranger should hijack my mobile… my data on the mobile is useless for “the stranger”…I: Ok… ok... but … maybe there are some things on it you don’t want the people to see… maybe some secret SMS from your girlfriend… or maybe some special notices and dates...?M: Hmm... yeah… there are some… but I would notice it if someone will enter my phone... then I would turn it off!!I: (Laughing) Hey... dude... you don’t notice such an attack… it is invisible for you… the hijacking happens when your phone searches for other Bluetooth phones... it is an automatic process… and then the bad bad stranger is able to hack your phone and…M: …and then he is able to see my one to three secret entries… uhhh… what a danger!I: …and then... let me finish my comment… and then he can see your notices an so on, but also he can open a phone or internet connection trough your mobile. Because of that he is able to… maybe... to surf through the internet with you device… but you will have to pay for this!M: Oh…but then…I: Yes but then you will have to pay a very high telephone bill… you know… such a fu**ing minute costs more than a Euro… imagine he surfs for some hours… then you have to pay € 200 or more!!M: Holy sh*t... that’s not cool… that’s really not cool…I: Yeah... but I have to add, that you generally can turn off your Bluetooth connection on your mobile... and that you can turn it on when you want to use it. That would be a good possibility to save your mobile and also your money from such attacks...M: I see... hmm… maybe I will buy another mobile… or… hmm... I don’t know… lets see which different types of mobiles the shops offer… but hey... thanks for the tip!!I: You welcome…So... you heared it... "Bluesnarfied"... it is a danger for our mobiles.. and fou our privacy. Look at your mobile... is "Bluetooth ON".. then you have to watch for bad bad strangers who want to hack it. Best thing you can do is to turn Bluetooth on only you really need it...GreetingsHarry