Harry1984a

Alienware Opens Retail Store Alienware opens retail store

Alienware opens retail store

I have found an article on http://www.tgdaily.com/ which says:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Quote:

"Holiday shoppers at Miami's Dadeland Mall get a surprise on December 10, an

Alienware retail store. Alienware, the high-end desktop and laptop maker, has

traditionally been mail-order only, but is finally venturing into the retail market. To

kick off the opening, the computer maker is giving away a fully-loaded system

and several digital audio players.

The store is actually a kiosk that looks to be twice the size of Dell retail locations

in many other malls. Potential customers will be able to play around with

Alienware desktops, laptops and media players.

A few years ago, Gateway opened around 300 full-size stores called Gateway

Country. The operation failed horrible and the company had to close all the store

in 2003. In contrast, Apple has done well with their retail locations. Dell has gone

with smaller scale kiosks which just demonstrate the product - Buyers still must go

online to purchase the computers."

I think that it was only a question of time when this would happen. Alienware

produces high quality.. a little bit fancy systems for "I need all the power"-Users.

If anyone is a fan of hardcore high quality games or impressive CAD sofware or

FE software like Catia, Ideas, Ansys and so on.. a PC System from alienware is

maybe one of the best options.

Of course it is not cheap.. the systems cost a lot of money. A alienware PC is

maybe a good present for chritsmas too... so it is not surprising that the company

opens a store in the pre-xmas-time.

Let us see if this concept of Main-Mail but also shops stores will be the future.

Greetings

Harry

Notice from jipman:

If you quote, next time use the QUOTE tag

Yea I've also been expecting this for awhile, it only makes sense really. They are assumedly topping out their mail order capabilities for the gamer and high performance markets since they are pretty well known by everyone online, so now if they start popping open some retail outlets it'll get the word out to the people who actually don't know about them, and show them how pimped their systems are if you want to be surgically removed from your wallet...

Alienware computers are great if you need that high-high-end stuff (which I don't). Now I can imagine those people who do little more than check e-mail, seeing these high-dollar systems in the mall and saying, "Gotta have one of those! They're really expensive, so they gotta be the best!"This, I suspect, is exactly what Alienware wants *grins* I'm sure it'll work out pretty well for them.

Unless someone is "loaded" or perhaps wealthy enough to afford these things, i dont' see why most people don't have their computer built. It costs much less, from what I hear, to have your computer built to replicate an alienware machine, rather than to buy one. Most gamers are into video cards and such, and now more and more people are into hardware. I'd love to build a new computer if I could afford the parts. That'd be better for me than getting an Alienware pc.Anyways good for alienware. Mail-order took off for them, and I'm sure they'll have success with retail now that they've proven themselves on the market.

Yup, for desktops, that is. Why go out and bust the $$ on alienware when you can make your own, with even higher spex. It's a different story though for laptops. those are more difficult to build from scratch, and alienware currently dominates in laptop performance models.

Yeah thats WONDERFUL news... just what I wanted to hear, some stupid overpriced computer making company. Is finnaly making a retail store. Wonderful, just what we need. And before you say it, Don't say they cost so much just because they use the high-end computer parts. I used the exact same parts and checked how much it would be to make my own computer like that. I found out that my computer was going to be 500 less than the Alienware competitor.

Omgosh that's amazing! has anyone been to the retail store yet? pardon my sensless input, I'm on a forum rampage lol : )but yeah I gotta agree, custom built/homemade computers are definitely the best for their price. I use a comuter my brother in law built, it's quite nice : ) azus mother board cant be beat! ok gtg-hansbtw- i really want my website hosted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:huh:

Alienware computer are ridicously expensive but with good reason.... If you want the best in the computer buisness then get Alienware. I wish i had the money for it but i guess i will have to win the lottery to get one!

if it is an actual store and not some kiosk thing then thats good, because like dell they say they have stores but sometimes they are just kiosks and not big stores, but about alienware..there prices are pretty high even though the computers they have are of good quality, i dont know how they will do if this is true honestly