xisto Community
bjrn

Google Code

Google has started a new place for open-source software called Google Code for Google-related software.

As I understand it, Google Code will hold open source projects started by Google employees (as you may know Google employees get a big chunk of work-time to pursue projects of their own). The code is hosted at SourceForge.

SourceForge is probably one of the best resources out there for fining reviews on the latest open source projects. Thank you for posting this bit about google's open source projects. That is really nice. It interests me how programmers work together to maek the internet a far more interesting place to visit and be.

I agree, sourceforuge does let you know what is the best in open source, it has several good, fast, and reliable mirrors too, I think I'll check this out, all though I'm not quite sure what google has that they are making open source? The code for their search engine? Their desktop searcher? Adsense? Maybe GMail? :/

I agree, sourceforuge does let you know what is the best in open source, it has several good, fast, and reliable mirrors too,  I think I'll check this out, all though I'm not quite sure what google has that they are making open source? The code for their search engine?  Their desktop searcher? Adsense? Maybe GMail? :/

61844[/snapback]

Well, actually sourceforge.net already has the solution to access your gmail emails via php.

I think I'll check this out, all though I'm not quite sure what google has that they are making open source?

Just follow the link I posted. The first thing you'll see if the four first tools they've released. Then, when you're done with that, read the FAQ.

Thanks for the link, I never knew that google had an open source page. I was aware though of Source Forge. They are great = ), I have examined many a code from there and learned much XD!