xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
maddog39

Restoring My Ipb Help

Can someone please help me. I need to restore my IPB database and for some reason its not letting me so I need an admin to do it according to people at invision power services. Its really kinda urgent so could an admin please help me out and help me restore my forum. Thanks Alot! :)

When you are using IPB, you should be able to log in as administrator and use your back up that you have downloaded. If for some reason you can't access your admin control panel. Then use the "Add_on Scripts" in your cpanel and install IPB again, and then upload your backup using your new board.

No no no.... IPB doesnt have a restore option so you need to do things from so called SSH or "Shell" as people told me and then they said if that doesnt work then ask the host to do it. I tried everything in cPanel and nothing worked.

Did you make a backup file? You will need a MySQL backup and a backup of all of the files running your forum I beleive. If you have them just edit over the current MySQL tables, and upload the files running the board...

Yes I have a backup and its 4.4MB big. I just need to get it restored to my IB boarb which I also re-installed but its just default so I need to restore the forums and stuff.

If the restored ipb is the same version with your old ipb.I think you can restore your mysql data by the same way you bakup it.They must be in the same place On administration CP home .left panel the MySql Control..:

Nope. There is absoululey no restore option on IPB. My only option now is SSH which is Shell and I have no clue how to use it even though there is a tutorial on it. So the people at IPS Inc forums said to ask Xisto(the host) to see if they could do it for me or atleast like upload the database. If I had saved it as .sql.gz then cPanel could have done it for me. Well actually I can just use my Stuffit Deluxe on my mac and convert it to Gzip. That might work, so I am going to try it first. If not I will need to kindly ask one of the admins to help me.