xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
thablkpanda

Icq Users Are there any here?

I use ICQ, and it's a decent service. I find the ICQ number system alot more convinient than the username thing. It's more discreet in my opinion. But if you use ICQ, I suggest u switch to Trillian from the traditional ICQ lite or full versions, trillian is the best multi-client communications package available. And it's free. There's a few things about it that I can't say here, but if you want to know more, visit http://www.trillian.im/ and download trillian basic. Once you do that, hit me up on ICQ or your favorite messaging client.

209257750, ICQ

the rest are down there \/

panda- OUT

trillian is in the beta stages right now and still has a lot of holes to patch up. like sometimes it auto-accepts the incoming files on my MSN IM. That means that anyone can send me a trojan anytime. Is that crazy or what?

I do use icq occationally but I find the numbers system a little bit more difficult than trying to remember a user name. I also have found that at least in the past it was more easy to be hacked with icq. I lost my first icq number that way. ICQ and AIM share a network now so you can add AIM names to your icq. That is nice in some instances.I do like trillian because I have multiple aim, msn. icq and yahoo id's. I can keep my personal ones seperat from my fansite ones. I run a fansite and get lots of messages and emails from that so this keeps the personal stuff seperated.:)

For ICQ, I use Gaim. Which is cross-platform and supports also MSN, Yahoo...

I am surprised how many people use IcQ.. IcQ is not as powerfull as msn or yahoo messengers. I use it but just because my lazy friends don't want to switch to msn. If i had a choice i would choose aol messenger over icq.I've tried gaim but it was screwed up. I just deleted it.

If more people'd use ICQ, it'd be a more secure, and popular (duh) service. I think that the numbers thing is kind-of like when you get a new phone number, it takes you a while to memorize it, but once you do, you can't forget it, even once you've changed your phone number, (happens about 2-3 times a year with me) ya'll must think I'm hiding from the FBI or something. But seriously, ICQ is a decent service, and I've never had any trouble from them like AIM gave me.PandaBTW, ya'll like the new sig?