xisto Community
Solus

How Did You Choose Your Gaming Mouse Sensitivity How did you choose yours?

Well simply, I am wondering how people have gone about getting their "perfect" sensitivity. I would like to think mine is close but I still have a fair way to go before it feels "right" for me.Coming from Natural-Selection (Fast-paced FPS game where you need a high sensitivity) to Counter-Strike, I had to lower my sens by a lot. How much does that mean? Well, I would measure my mouse sensitivity by putting my wrist centered on my mouse pad and then turning it in one direction (usually right) and from there, guess the degrees turned. For NS, it was 300 degrees in a single wrist turn (From center to right). Now it is about 120 degrees. This is a huge difference and took a while to get used to but just thinking about it, how did everyone else come across their sensitivity?

Edited by miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG (see edit history)

Well... it mostly depended on my mousepad, i had a very small cloth mousepad a while ago, so i was forced to play on a reasonably high sens or else I'd had to reposition the mouse all the time, now I got myself a reaaall big huge *bottom* mousepad so I can afford to set the sensitivity way lower.ps. I like low sens because in games i usually pick the (sniper) rifle where aim is more important than reaction time.

I prefer a slow sensitivity too, at least as slow as possible because like Jipman mentioned it's very annoying if you to put up and down your mouse all the time. I like snipering, what requires a very low sensitivity especially in one of my favorite games: Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, because sniper rifles were quite hard to handle in WW2 and they simulated that pretty well in this game.-=jeroen=-

It's odd, me and my friend have the same mouse and all, and on counter strike we put it the same sensitivity. Mine is very slower, yet his is very faster. I think it has to do with the mouse settings of the computer itself or something, I have no idea really. I took my time trying out the sensitivity , starting with 2, then I would end pretty low. Like my .05 is the same as my friend's 5. So yeah, very odd in some cases.

Let's put it this way: I need to move my mose 5 cm (or 2") to move over the screen, over 1024 pixels. But in games, I need it to be a bit more sensitive. Fr example, in Counter-Strike I use 4 sensitivity.In other games I usually don't change the sensitivity, since it is quite ok for me.

Thats not how it is

How Did You Choose Your Gaming Mouse Sensitivity

If you move your mouse two inches left it will move a different distance on the screen depending on how fast you moved it.

Secondly I use a very high sensitivity on fps games such as Counter Strike Source because for most people if you run round a corner and there is someone there your screwed whereas for someone with skill I can react and move my mouse in order to kill them first.

In all, beginners would benefit from using low sens and all sniper use it as well for instance on Black Hawk Down you'd be insane to snipe with a high mouse sens.

NOTE: Different mice are different, if your mouse is toss then your probably have little choice.

-Christian Kosis

Usually depends on the game, really. The older games I have require the sensitivity to be up all the way if I want it to even be playable. I guess I just go with what feels natural. It's trying to find a balance between accuracy and moving your arm around way too much.

I usually play fat action fps such as ut2004 and suchI put my mouse on max settingsIn ut99 I had sensitivity on 200% lolzIn ut2k4 I have it set to 15, and I move my mouse a 1/3 inch I can rotate almost 360 degrees. I'm not a sniper usually a kamikazi or guns blazing kinda guy...Also a nader...But I love high sensitivity b/see when ever my friend come to play, they are so confused cause they use MUCH lower settngs.-Logis Pyro

How do your choose your mouse sensitivity?

How Did You Choose Your Gaming Mouse Sensitivity

Well its all starts with the mouse for me. My hand are not that big and like like to control with fingers mostly. I had used the logitech g5 but I modified it to make it shorter cause my fingers are not that long for the control I require,again because I like to control with fingers, so I turned out perfect. I like 2000dpi and 1000hz polling rate...Higher dpi's I don't know.

-reply by boink

mouse sensivity?How Did You Choose Your Gaming Mouse Sensitivity

The sensivity while playing counter strike shuold be 2.4...Its the best sensivity ever..The eperts or gamers use ths sensivity in his CS game...So I think u should also prefer this one...:)

-reply by MIrza

The more DPI the more accuracy?How Did You Choose Your Gaming Mouse Sensitivity

I have an ergo 555 laser it goes up to 3500 dpi. Prior to it I had a normal one 300 dpi and I was playing games pretty well. I heard that the more dpi the more accuracy so I bought this ergo laser one. Now, in wolfensteing enemy territory, at 300 dpi y had set the sensitivity (whithin the game) to 3, whit this new laser one I am playing at 600 dpi with a sensitivity of 1. The point is and this is what confuses me, more dpi = more accuracy? if I set the mouse to 3500 dpi and even if I set the sensitivity inside the game to 0.1 the cursor just moves like hell fast. So why do we really need more dpi in a mouse when is not possible to control that high rates? if more dpi = more accuracy , then please someone tell me how to set up it for the cursor be controlable.

thanks

Gabriel

More DPI > More AccuracyHow Did You Choose Your Gaming Mouse Sensitivity

Usualy a high dpi mouse will have a better sensor than a low dpi mouse, it is not a rule. I use Razer Deathadder and I used it at 1.7x450dpi or 1.33x900 dpi and many others. I think the maxim control speed is better than more dpi for low sensitivy. No prediction is also good. The best sensitivy is just what you are used to it. I just can tell you an advice: Get the higher sensivity your hand can handle to get a guy in high distance and you will see that in close combat you will have a fair advantage as in long combat.

-reply by teknown