xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
salempc

Image Submission System On A Website Is it easy?

Hi, I have little experience with website scripting languages and had a small question in mind. The website I am creating will need to have an image submission system, this should be anonymous, and only allow images, as well as a "gallery" thing.My website is not hosted by now, I will ask for hosting when I get the system ready. I do have the points btw. If this is not simple maybe someone can get me to a tutorial or a place where I can get information on this, so that I can get the thing done. I am using Macromedia Dreamweaver MX btw, thank you in advance for any help :)

If this is not simple maybe someone can get me to a tutorial or a place where I can get information on this, so that I can get the thing done. I am using Macromedia Dreamweaver MX btw, thank you in advance for any help ;)

1064330842[/snapback]

Ok first thing to do is to make your posts, and count enough to make your web account ready and active, then, learn more about Control Panel or shortened cPanel. cPanel is used to maintain your webhosting account, and inside the cPanel there is many preinstalled scripts under Fantastico section, there you will find Gallery "thing" and many more usefull scripts that you can install with a few clicks only.

And if you want something customized, you can always visit places like http://www.hotscripts.com/ and find script in any scripting language you like and prefer. :)

you are saying that once I activate my hosting, I'll get all these pre-made scripts? If so I may activate it right away...But I want to be sure there is this option before I activate, anyone can assure me this?

Salem, there are 2 packages made available to you by Xisto. Firstly, you get the beginner's package whih requires 10 hosting credits. I believe there are no pre-installed script restrictions on that one compared to the regular package which requires 30 hosting credits. The only main difference between the two is the amount of bandwidth and storage space you have. You do not have to worry if you're getting the pre-installed scripts or not because Fantastico is always available to you as long as you maintain an active member of Xisto. There are TONS of things you cando with Xisto's cpanel and i believe no one can deny that.