xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
soleimanian

Create Your Private Characters

Create your Private Characters

You can use Private Character Editor (PCE) to create your Private Characters

You can create up to 6,400 unique characters (such as special letters and logos) for use in your font library.

-------------

To Create your Private Character:

Click start menu > type “Eudcedit “ in Run dialog box to open Private Character Editor, the Select Code dialog box is automatically displayed, click ok

Use the drawing tools and features to draw and edit a private character in the Edit window, and to save your private character, on the Edit menu, click Save Character

-----------

You can link your private characters to all the fonts in your font library or only to specific fonts

To link private characters:

On the File menu, click Font Links,

To link your private character to all the, click “Link with All Fonts”, and then click OK

To link your private character to specific font , click “Link with Selected Fonts”, click the font you want to link to, click Save As, enter a file name for the private character, and then click Save. Click OK.

-----------

To use your Private Characters, use Character Map from Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Character Map

Select All Font ( Private Characters ) from font list, now you can see your Characters. Double click on your Character, and copy and paste in a text editor (Word, Notepad, Wordpad …)

And where can I find this PCE thingie, pray do tell ..

1064330776[/snapback]

It's built into windows, m^e! I did not believe it myself :) It's all there! WOW! Just run "Eudcedit".

Awesome finding man! I didn't know this one. Anyway Im pretty sure that windows have many software solutions included, but there is no links to them, so anyway to find such software is to explore c:\windows folder :)