xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jedipi

Apple Itunes Security Flaw Discovered

A critical vulnerability was found in some versions of Apple Computer's popular iTunes.
This vulnerability could enable attackers to remotely take over a user's computer

This vulnerability existed on the earlier version of iTunes 6.
However, Itwas not fixd by the newest security update.

iTunes 6 Windows version are affected.
They are still trying to determine whether Mac OS X version affected.

http://news.a.com.com/

In all honesty, I doubt this will create any problem for anyone. Apple has seen huge success with it's iTunes/iPod combo, and as a result, people are looking for a way to knock it off it's high spot. What a better way than to scare the masses with a "serious security flaw" that "could let hackers take control of their computers." Oh no! Not some generic flaw that threatens to let others take control of my computer! Get real. First, while there may be a flaw, it's probably so obscure that only a handful of highly skilled people know A) about it, and :) how to exploit it. So that right there takes care of 80% of the potential danger. Second, Apple will eventually fix this flaw, which will solve the remaining 20%. Third, you have to look at the threat relative to other threats. Crying wolf for the iTunes flaw is like yelling "Look out! That man over there has a pocket knife hidden in his pocket that he may or may not take out and try to attack someone with!" Sure, it can cause harm, but the chances are remote. I'd be more worried about the thousands of other flaws built into Windows.

A critical vulnerability was found in some versions of Apple Computer's popular iTunes.

This vulnerability could enable attackers to remotely take over a user's computer

This vulnerability existed on the earlier version of iTunes 6.

However, Itwas not fixd by the newest security update.

iTunes 6 Windows version are affected.

They are still trying to determine whether Mac OS X version affected.

http://news.a.com.com/

1064330490[/snapback]

Good thing I'm too lazy to update to any version of iTunes 6 then, I guess *grins*