xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
warbird1405241485

My First 2 Sigs Plz gimme some comments

Ok, this aren't realy my first 2 sigs, I made one before, but that one realy sucked and I never finished it. (see another thread of me somewhere in the GFX Forum.) Now I found out Photoshop CS2 and I'm delighted :P;) anyway, please rate these two sigs for me. The first one is ment for a friend of me who plays World of Warcraft, the second is ment for a WW2 site. I hope you enjoy them.

BTW: for some reason the quality gots decreased a lot during uploading. Haven't figured out why yet. I'll try to get some better versions online later.

Posted Image

Posted Image

-=jeroen=-

Well I personally don’t like them that much, they are to small for me and could use a border just to make it a bit more interesting. And what exactly were these sigs for? If they were for yourself maybe putting your alias on it or if they were for some1 else put their alias on it, if it was for something else then I guess it would be okay. The second one the text is sort of half gone which isn’t all that appealing and the render (or the grenadier) on the right could have been incorporated into the sig a bit better and the first one, the T in Termanator isn’t that noticeable cause it kind of blends in with the render which could be a bit darker, I don’t know WoW but I would think it would look really cool if you had a nice battle scene in the background, they’re alright

i dont think there bad, i just think u need to put some more work into them, i dont like to be a judge on what one or the other cant do, but theres no point in lieing, i think u need to work more on special effects, not the basic slap on slap u got going on, and the shadowing on the second image is to dark for the letters, u cant even see the No without looking hard but considering these are your first to, dont take the bad comments hard, we all remember how crappy our images we made on w/e program u used.

they are not bad, as someone mentioned, somekind of border or outline or something could be added, as i have a high resolution, the size is quite small, but it is not to small, sometimes big sigs are just annoying, they are nice, just that something is missing and i don't know myself what..

Hey warbird, good job on the sigs and for your first thats a great effort so i have nothing bad to say about the sigs because with a few tweaks those can become great, they are pleasing to the eye already ;)First of when making a sig think proportion so that would mean if your making 300x 75 sigs your text wont be 30 or 45 px and to go along with that text placement in a sig is major, so a tip if your are not blending the text into the render (maybe as a tatto or something) it should not go over the render. Then the others things to keep in mind would be render blending, brushing and filters (including brightness contrast effects ).Cant wait to see your next set warbird.

Wow nice sorta abstract filter work there warbird i definitely suggest a border, maybe a 1px inside same colour as the text. Maybe im not sure if this will look good but if your background white is on a seperate layer maybe sum brushing :) or different colours. Then the last thing u can try is all your adjustment layers to get a final feel such as brightness and contrast, curve levels and so on ;)

Hmm the sig is alright for maybe a professional type forum or something close, the font still needs a bit of work. Of the others i reckon the first one the purple one is the best for an abstract sig if you work on that sig with some curve layers or contrast layers it can become a really nice abstract sig.Keep it up :)

iim glad i stopped over here on people sigs well i start it off.Sig 1 2 yeah i would redo them and ata bigger size, pretty lowe quality.But yeah im digging your chrome sig the blue works nicely for that, but i would change the text to fit with the colors of the background a bit though. and add a border to them as well.but with the backgrounds you did, i wouldn't really try putting a render in there, i would go for more of a tech looking sig with a tech borders on them.