xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
lecius

A Word About VB6 VB6

This post is in response to the overwhelming number of people who don't read the rules and keep requesting links to download VB.First off, Visual Basic is copyrighted by Microsoft. This means that it may not be copied (except for a reasonable number of backup copies), sent to another person in any way, shape, or form without Microsoft's permission.In short, if you want it, you have to go buy it, unless you want to violate a large number of international copyright laws.So, as this site wishes to avoid any possible lawsuits caused by people posting links to pirated copies of software, ANY POSTS REQUESTING OR SUPPLYING LINKS TO PIRATED SOFTWARE (i.e. warez) WILL BE PROMPTLY DELETED, AND YOU WILL QUITE POSSIBLY BE BANNED.This said, if you are looking for a FREE programming language, consider C, C++, or Java. There are also several other languages and variants of them that are free.All these languages are capable of writing packet-based bots, proxies, etc, and all but Java (well maybe even Java, but it would have to be via 3rd party add-ons) can do memory manipulation as well (i.e. the oh-so-popular "light hacks").

Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

nothing as quick and creative as VB though... well the Student version of VB is free. but it cant create EXE's.Anyway since MS has withdrawn classic VB support, VB.net is the only left choice. You can DL the express versions for free.

Just go out and buy VB6. There are some great deals on eBay and Amazon and even if you find a cracked version of VB6 cracked things usually have viruses and have you heard about Microsoft watching things you play on WMP 8+? They are so if they do that... Possibilities are that they monitor what you do too.

Hey do not go for VB .. ofcourse i agree VB6.0 is good ( i too love it) long back i leanred... even now also i am able to do good programming without referring any manual...

But u can go for "realbasic"
1. It is cross plotform
2. Comptible with VB6.0 (u can convert u r vb application to real basic
3. more over it is FREE
what else u need IDE is provided....

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
This could help u ....

i have not practiced with realbasic... but surly i will... after that i will give my XP here.........

Well its FREE only for 15 days...

so what to do after that?

Why don't people start using .NET???

Try C#.NET and VB.NET they beat most languages hands down. On top of that MS provides Express Integrated Development environments TRULY FREE.

Goto .NET website and start coding with the latest and one of the most powerful languages (C#) that provides ease of VB along with power of C++.

Also check out http://www.icsharpcode.net/ . Its an open source IDE for C#, VB. Anyhow considering MS has already put the world's most advanced IDE (and it truly is) out for free, there is no need to band your head here and there.

Edited by CaptainRon (see edit history)