xisto Community
altsr

Battle Of Music Players: iPod vs. Creative

I have always been against ipods. Ever since they first came out I havent liked them. I don't have a reason for this dislike, I just have a weird unexplanable hatred to the way they have single handedly taken over the mp3 market and how every single one of my friends have one.So about 1 year and a half ago when I thought I might treat myself to an mp3 player, I bought a creative zen 4GB. This has been very faithful and I think its great but the time has come for another to take its place - 4GB is not enough to fulfill my growing music collection and id rather somthing with a few more features (video, radio ect)Now this is where my dilemma starts - apple have just brought out the iphone and itouch which are both very promising. Although it is completely against my morals, I an extremely tempted by these new options and a can not find any fault in either of them.I am also aware that creative have their new model out with a lot of space, video and radio complete with a nice big screen. But unfortunately this does not tempt me nearly as much as the itouch (which is basically an iphone without the phone part)So if anyone could give me any faults with apple and its products to dissuade me from giving any further thought (and perhaps money)into thier evil company, it would be muchly appreciated Thanks-laura

The dumb zone

Battle Of Music Players: iPod vs. Creative

You nailed that one right on... People who think about wat they buy don't buy an ipod because theve done their research...Most people just see a tv commercial were they display an ipod from 200 different angles and their on their way to the store to buy one. Thanks alot, now I know what to call it when people buy an ipod because it looks "cool" The Dumb zone :D

-reply by Ryan

10 reasons Creatives are better that I-PodsBattle Of Music Players: iPod vs. Creative

1. Creative has a longer battery life

2.Creative are normaly cheaper

3. Creative has an internal speaker

4. No annoying click wheel

5.  Plays audio files other than mp4s (mp3, wma, audible 4 etc.)

6. Easier to put music on (drag and drop instead of itunes)

7. Latest creatives have an SD card so you can store more music externally and swap music with other creatives, transfering it onto your creative on the go.

8. Comes with in-ear earphones

9. Over time the I-pod battery wears out and stops working. The battery cannot be replaced and you must buy a new I-Pod.

10. Everyone has an I-pod, having a creative is different

-reply by Niall