xisto Community
warbird1405241485

How Do I Create A Movie Shot Of My Desktop ? of my desktop?????

First of all: I'm not sure if this is the right forum. Please move it if it isn't.Since two weeks I got Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 (very nice game, but that's not my point at the moment). You can create great firework shows in the game and now I want to make a movie of my creation. Is there any good program for this? Please tell me.-=jeroen=-

Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

I assume its the movie you want to make IN the game ? well do you have the option of saving it ? cause most of the stuff that you create in a game are stored either in the game install folder or the user temp folder.I havent tried making a movie out of a game, but i know that you can , cause many online trailers of games are recorded while playing. so you could use one of those and make a whole movie. then cut the part you want with a video splitter or ulead video studio.If any one has names for these game recording softwares please share a few. I'll try searching for them too, and will post up when i get some ;)RegardsDhanesh.

One good way to record gameplay is using Fraps. Fraps is a frame-counting program but also has the abiliity to record video (although it is pretty hard on performance.) You can also always just record directly to video tape with a VCR and your video card's TV-out, if it has one.

You could use SnagIt to do that and I think it makes an AVI file and after you have captured your file you might want to use an editor to trim or enhance the avi in some manner, and most browsers will be able to view an avi which is much smaller than an mpeg, plus you can even capture audio if any with SnagIt, of course you will need to set it up before you capture the screenshot. With SnagIt you can even define the area that you want to capture, but the quality is kinda poor so using it is all up to you.

Anyway, I've just found the link. So you can download it yourself. It is free.

1064329696[/snapback]

May I ask what program that is?

I'm curious what program is this.

I'm not very good with programs so could you explain how you can save a movie from a game.

Thank you

I there a way to do so in a Linux machine?