xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG

Need Suggestions For A Good 3d Fly-by Renderer

Hi guys,????[/tab]I've to design this presentation to demonstrate the setup of our management system from scratch. For this I need to show them a 3D Flyby through their whole campus - including the conduit layouts for optic fibre and utp cables and how the the different nodes+servers on the various building blocks will interact with each other. A pretty complex demo - but not very difficult since most of it involves rectangular blocks of buildings and channels. [tab]Now apart from 3DSMax and Maya - what other less resource exhaustive software are out there that can help me create such a presentation ? Any suggestions ?Thanks,m^e

Try Blender; it is free and resource efficient.If that fails, then go for MilkShape 3D. Although MS3D is a poly system, I have seen animations (only small) made in it.

Cool - just got blender .. but yet to check it out. Do you know of any other, that will quickly help me set-up linked (clickable information) along with the 3D flyby's ?? Not just a rendered.. but some sorta 3D Presentation package ? Maybe something that uses VRML...

Cool - just got blender .. but yet to check it out. Do you know of any other, that will quickly help me set-up linked (clickable information) along with the 3D flyby's ?? Not just a rendered.. but some sorta 3D Presentation package ? Maybe something that uses VRML...

1064329243[/snapback]

If it is just simple forms like blocks, you could to that quite easily in Adobe AfterEffects if you have that.

If you make the renders in Blender, then move it into Macromedia Flash, you can apply actionscript to it. Very powerful method that a lot of people use in the 3D industry.

Yup - it will be in the form of simple blocks with textures of windows/doors.. what i need in a 3D representation of building blocks (which can easily be depicted as rectangular blocks.. and in some cases need to fly-in into these buildings to show the cable channels (which again are rectangular blocks)...so you can see here my life's going to get quite rectangular over next few months...I'm already sleeping rectangles, eating some and drinking mostly too..

Yup - it will be in the form of simple blocks with textures of windows/doors.. what i need in a  3D representation of building blocks (which can easily be depicted as rectangular blocks.. and in some cases need to fly-in into these buildings to show the cable channels (which again are rectangular blocks)...so you can see here my life's going to get quite rectangular over next few months...I'm already sleeping rectangles, eating some and drinking mostly too..

1064329496[/snapback]

Lol.

In fact, there are hundreds of programs. If you want something cheap and cheerful (well freeware) then you could always try Anim8or. It works mostly with blocks and has a much leaner learning curve than the likes of Blender. However, only use Anim8or if you don't want textures and arrays of colours on your models. Then, you could get into some mess.

As for clickable parts, I think some other 3D animation software covers this, but unfortunately I do not know exactly which ones - hence the use of Flash.