xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tansqrx

Help With New phpBB2 Skin

I have been playing around with phpbb2 2.0.17 trying to get a new style going. I have followed the directions at http://www.phpbbhacks.com/ Creating a Template With subSilver [ http://www.phpbbhacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13169 ] and made a new style. Everything looks fine with the new style, it has been added and I can edit it from the Styles Administration page. I can even make changes under Edit Theme and the changes show up in the forum. The problem comes when I try to customize the forum past the few things shown in Edit Theme. For starters I would like to change the scroll bar colors. I have changed <new theme>.css located in the template/<new theme> directory. The obvious answer would be to change the following.

body {
background-color: #0e7a8e;
scrollbar-face-color: #23898e;
scrollbar-highlight-color: #ffffff;
scrollbar-shadow-color: #000000;
scrollbar-3dlight-color: #63798D;
scrollbar-arrow-color: #ffffff;
scrollbar-track-color: #085766;
scrollbar-darkshadow-color: #000000;
color: #FFFFFF:}

I have changed this and uploaded to the proper directory with no results. Do I have to do anything else or should this work?

Unfortuntally I am viewing it in IE, I have even cleared the cache several times.

color: #FFFFFF:
Should be

color: #FFFFFF;

This wont make any difference, but it is better to do it.

1064329146[/snapback]

It should work. I'll try messing with my PHPBB in a bit and get back to you, there may be some part that you missed out, but I don't know at this moment.