xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dyingofcolour

Movie Discussion: Saw 2 Vs. Saw (which Is Scarier) Saw 2 scarier than the original?

Posted Image

A young man named Adam wakes to find himself chained to a rusty pipe inside a decrepit subterranean chamber. Chained to the opposite side of the room is another bewildered captive, Dr. Lawrence Gordon. Between them is a dead man lying in a pool of blood, holding a .38 in his hand. Neither man knows why he has been abducted; but instructions left on a microcassette, order Dr. Gordon to kill Adam within eight hours. If he fails to do so, then both men will die, and Dr. Gordon's wife, Alison, and his daughter will be killed. Recalling a recent murder investigation by a police detective named Tapp, Dr. Gordon realizes he and Adam are the next victims of a psychopathic genius known only as "Jigsaw." With only a few hours left to spare, they must unravel the elaborate puzzle of their fate in the midst of mounting terror. The killer has provided them with only a few clues and two handsaws – too weak to break their steel shackles, but strong enough to cut through flesh and bone.

Posted Image

While investigating the bloody aftermath of a grizzly murder, Detective Eric Mason (Donnie Wahlberg) has the feeling that it is the work of Jigsaw, the notorious killer who disappeared leaving a trail of bodies - and parts - behind. And Mason is right. Jigsaw is at work again. But instead of two people locked in a room with only one unthinkable way out, there are eight. Eight strangers – unaware of their connection to each other -- forced to play out a game that challenges their wits and puts their lives in jeopardy.

Sure, Saw 2 was bloodier but I enjoyed the originals Saw's concept. What do you think?

Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

I just watched Saw 2 not so long ago.I felt it was rushed where not many of the characters were introduced and those who were taken out quickly, didn't seem to have any role or plan set out for them, either the killer knew their predicaments and how easy they were, or it was rushed (which is what I believe).The story was messed up, and not in a good way. It did have some nice spins to it, but I felt Saw 1 still topped this one. I also liked in Saw 1 how blatant clues were left around that you could have easily identified the killer quite early in the movie, but if you never noticed these clues, you would definitely enjoyed the ending better.I would hope Saw 3 (if there is to be a third) would take on more of an approach similar to Saw 1 and make time for introducing each character, their backgrounds etc.Cheers,MC