xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

HP2 Lost Coast

October 27, 2005 - Half-Life 2: Lost Coast, a tech demo featuring the Source Engine's new High-Dynamic Range (HDR) lighting, is now available, via Valve's Steam service, to all owners of Half-Life 2.Impressive as the Lost Coast demo may be, many users may find their rigs aren't up to snuff. Valve warns in an announcement today: "Half-Life 2: Lost Coast's system requirements are very high. During installation, Steam will prompt you if your system does not meet the recommended configuration."Lost Coast comprises one single-player level based on Half-Life 2 assets.

The new HL2 assets, Dynamic lighting, an actual scenery (If you were to noclip over to the other side you would be able to play another part of the level), this is an actually detailed, actually working city. Almost all the doors can open. My computer was able to handle it at full, and let me tell you. It Was Beautiful. Just by playing it I remembered why HL2 is probaly the most realistic game that will be released in a while. So far there has been people that tried to break HL2's realism (physics, gravity, ragdoll) like F.E.A.R for example, but they haven't gotten nearly where HL2 is.BTW I beat F.E.A.R it's no where near as awsome as they say it is (Better Than HL2... HAH! Yeah Right.)

Retaining, Your computer should be able to handle it with a 9800 pro. Well It should be able to handle it partially. 3200 runs at what 1.9 mhz? And then you need a gig of ram, 512 is alright, but you can't handle the full physics with that.