xisto Community
philbrennan537

Windows Vista Discussions

Personally, as the average consumer(well a little more than average) I want something that looks good and also works good. Well Windows has the first part down but not the second. That is why I perfer I perfer Suse Linux.....it has both down, along with more functionality. I mean Bill doesn't want people buying or using anything for his system without paying him for it. I mean look at how he tries to make you buy a copy of xp for every computer in your house. Thats just crazy...if i buy it once i should be able to put it on all my computers....its like they treat us as thiefs with our own software. I'm a gamer and i'm not going to buy a game that i can only install onto one computer and thats it. I want to install it on any computer i have so that I can play it on all of them. Thats my right as a consume who has purchased the software isn't it. Then it cost so much so its not like I have the money to buy 4 copies. Microsuck can take itself and shove off. I'll stick to linux and the sort. All i need now to make me happy is support for my wireless cards for my laptop and i'll be happy until then i have to use xp on it. And to be truthful I didn't pay for my xp on it I burned a friends copy and use it. Linux is the future.

well, technically it isn't yours. You just buy the rights to run his software. He still retains ownership. That's what licensing means. If you actually own the software, you'll also get the sourcecode.That's why he has the rights to force you to buy a copy of Windows XP in order to install it on your computers.xboxrulz

First of all, this has gotten way off topic. Second of all

All i need now to make me happy is support for my wireless cards for my laptop and i'll be happy until then i have to use xp on it.

Try ndiswrapper, it's a linux utility that takes windows drivers and lets you use them for wireless cards in linux.
~Viz