xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
maddog39

Mysql Downtimes I hate them

Hi all,I cant stand it anymore. Everytime MySQL is down you have to wait like 3 hours for it to come back on again. Today for example, just as im about to install my invision power board, oops MySQL Critical Error: Cannot connect to database. I mean isnt there anyway to try and prevent this from happening all the time, at least slow down the amount of times it happens. Does anyone see what im saying? :)

I disagre.. Its very rare that a SQL downtime takes 3-4 hours to get fixed. Usually it is fixed within minutes.

If you have SQL downtime, use the following link and report it. It will be fixed asap.

http://forums.xisto.com/help/

What is the basic reason ??
Well there are many accounts on the server. The Total no. of mySQL connections has been given a finite value and not like 999999999.. This is to protect the server from a major outage. Becaue those errors then realy lead to data loss and downtime.
Every week we disable 1-2 accounts which are found to be spamming. These accounts execute codes which send infinite queries to the servers.. or create many simultaneos connections.

This problem usually happens on free hosting sites and very rare on PAid hosting. because Paid hosting clients are more responsible people and they care more regarding their site. ( after all that is why they are paying ).

Here is our problem :-
1> We don't put any restriction on the server
2> we give out unlimited no. of resources hoping that they would be used wisely.
3> We dont enable SAFE MODE. We give maximum possible access to server resources.
4> We give JSP / Tomcat service. ( Even Big Paid hosting companies dont give this~~!!! )
5> complete Cpanel access without blocking any service.. especially ones like mailing lists which are very prone to be spammed.

Run a mass pole and tell me if you dont have problem if i enable safe mode for php & mysql and see if u get those downtimes :)

maybe certain features should not be available to noobs. Maybe only the latest package should have all the features available. This way, people don't just post their 10 posts and then go on to spam the server. Atleast with people who have posted, say 100 posts, they will probably value the community more and would not tend to spam the server with mailing lists and stuff.