xisto Community
marco1405241510

Where Can I Find Free Ftp Uploaders ?

I use CuteFTP personally, and thats really cool, but you have to pay for it so its not what you are looking for. For a free FTP client I would highly recommend Filezilla for Useability and Portability, as you can put it on your USB drive too. If your a newbie to FTP and stuff though, i'd recommend SMartFTP as I find it more newbie friendly.You can also try some online FTP clients. Try net2ftp.com and web2ftp.com (Recomend the former)

User number 3 along with foolakadugie and finaldesign for smartftp, from simple to powerful easy connect and history, no need for changing file types and console access for the geek in all :)

I prefer using internet explorer or the windows explorer by typing in the format: yourusername%3Apassword%40domainhost.com . Its much faster and easier because it's just like managing files in your My Documents folder and you don't have to download any program to do it. All you need is an internet connection. Don't use the smartftp programs and the other ones. Just keep it simple and use the simple formula. :)

There are quite a few good FTP clients out there that are freely available, some of which have already been listed on this thread. I also have a few recommendations, so let me list them down for you so you can take your pick. =^^=

Desktop FTP clients (programs that need to be installed on your desktop PC)

FileZilla (freeware) (recommended) — This is my personal favorite. Supports FTP and SFTP.

FireFTP (freeware) — A FTP client that installs as an extension of the Firefox browser.

SmartFTP (shareware) — Features FXP support. SSL/TLS encrytion.

WS_FTP (shareware) — Supports file transfers over HTTP and HTTPS protocols, as well as other Internet data management standards as FTP and SSH. Built-in compression.

Core FTP LE (freeware) — Supports FTP and SFTP.

Ace FTP 3 (freeware) — FXP support. Firewall and network support. Open multiple FTP sites simultaneously.

RootFTP (freeware) — Multi-threaded transfer engine.

FTP Commander (freeware) — Claims to offer all the functions of WS_FTP.

Portable FTP clients (programs that can be run from a portable device such as a USB drive or an external HDD)

Portable FileZilla (freeware) (recommended) — Also a personal favorite. Has all the features of the regular version.

i.FTP (freeware) — A graphical FTP/SFTP client.

PSFTP (freeware) — PuTTY version of sftp for windows.

FireFTP (freeware) — It becomes portable when installed on the Portable Firefox browser.

Web-based FTP clients (FTP clients that can be accessed from any web browser as long as you have an internet connection)

net2ftp

SurFTP

IS&T

If these aren't what you're looking for, then tell me and I'll go looking. I love practicing my mad Googling skillz. =^^=