xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
organicbmx

Audio Convertion? wma/ra to mp3

Are there any good open source for windows programs that convert audio to mp3. I can never seem to find any even though they must exist. I have lots of badly organised music and want to convert all to mp3 then use mp3 gain program i found to equalise and standardise. thanks

I always use mp3gain to convert files from one format to another. It's free for use and converting from one format to another but if you buy the license, you can even edit the mp3 tags. You can download free plugins for converting from one format to another also.

Sorry ... the link above points to dbpoweramp but i typed it as mp3gain while thinking of something else. Can a mod change that and delete this post please

I always use dbPowerAMP. It's a very good program. Easy to use. You can convert WMA, WAV, MP3 and a few other things if you have the codecs. You can convert more then one somg at a time. And you can change bitrate, khz rate. You can even change if you want a even bitrate, a medium bitrate or an variable bitrate. Good luck.