xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dodger

X850 Graphix Card

Check out this review for the ATI X850 Card

http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/,176.html

Expensive but got FABULOUS reviews. I am still waiting for the 'real' next gen cards though. After all of that reading it seems the final verdict is the only thing I really had to read. Seems like the BEST pick for the most unexellent price.

ATI has to release these to try to fix the bomb that was the X800 Pro, and the 6800 series is still standing strong. No 6850 needed! else, the next generation video cards wont be around for awhile. Its gonna be some time for the 512 bit cards to hit the market.

The highest end boards are so insanely expensive that I have stopped judging companies by their highest end graphics cards. Instead I look at the mid range, and in that the GeForce 6600GT is looking very good, just like the Radeon9600 did 2-3 years ago.

I would definitely go with the 6600GT also, until ATi can release a decent and low priced alternative to the 6600 series. The X600 and X700 series are overpriced, underpowered, and overhyped in my opinion. X900 series is coming out this summer too...meh. Can't wait till the Unreal 3 engine comes. :)